Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: 1.20 Original Portraits Mod
1.20 Original Portraits Mod
Aug 24 2017, 12:30 pm
By: savage2600  

Aug 24 2017, 12:30 pm savage2600 Post #1

Hey all, I'm pretty disappointed with the remastered heroes, and especially Protoss portraits and would like to know if there is any chance this mod will be possible with the new CASC format. Basically the mod would consist of replacing the new unit portraits with the old ones, or just reading the old portraits instead of the new ones (I'm aware the old ones are .smk landscape while the new ones are .webm portrait layouts).

I'm new to modding, these new portraits and the alpha stage Protoss UI are what led me to this forum, and reading up on basic modding. Any help or opinion is greatly appreciated.

None.

Aug 25 2017, 6:26 pm Soul Filcher Post #2

Were the old ones converted to webm? As long as we can mod it making it use the old ones is possible.

None.

Aug 25 2017, 7:59 pm Corbo Post #3

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Ya. It is very possible.

fuck you all

Aug 26 2017, 10:27 am savage2600 Post #4

Quote from Soul Filcher
Were the old ones converted to webm? As long as we can mod it making it use the old ones is possible.
I don't think so, only the new stuff is .webm, the old stuff is pretty much unaltered.

None.

Aug 26 2017, 5:00 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #5

👻 👾 👽 💪

The old ones are webm. All old graphical data was updated to the new formats since the whole graphics engine was redone.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 26 2017, 8:55 pm savage2600 Post #6

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
The old ones are webm. All old graphical data was updated to the new formats since the whole graphics engine was redone.
Didn't know that, I haven't played around in the remastered edition yet. But that would mean greater compatibility between old and the remastered assets, right?

None.

Options
  Back to forum