Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Trigger assistance
Trigger assistance
Aug 23 2017, 9:39 am
By: Aoikigahara  

Aug 23 2017, 9:39 am Aoikigahara Post #1

Getting back in to map making so hopefully someone in here remembers this stuff. A couple of trigger setups I am trying to remember how to do.

Firstly: Force dropping players, there used to be a way to force players to drop from the game to get rid of hackers who lagged the game that could ignore the defeat screen to stay. I remember the trigger involving forcing the camera to the top of the map and destroying something, the combination caused players to disconnect from the game but I can't remember the specifics or even how to set it up again. Anyone remember?

Hyper triggers, I know they caused issues with a few things trying to remember before I put in the work if they caused issue with kill counters. For instance if I want to say, trigger: at least 1 kill unit, add 1 custom point. If I remember right hyper triggers caused those to glitch and repeat.

scmdraft specific, is overlapping text and a few of the other popular glitches for fancying up a map still possible? I.E. 5/4 hit points, etc.

None.

Aug 23 2017, 6:50 pm Ashamed Post #2

Hear me Raor!!

1) I don't remember exactly what unit was used, but just one of the crashing units with no vision to that area should work. On boot you give specific player vision to that corner of the map and center. It causes a crash. ( I know some updates have made certain units that crashed not anymore, but I believe there are still some out there. Would have to experiment or ask someone that already tested this)

2) Hyper triggers wait blocks are really the biggest thing. http://www.staredit.net/wiki/index.php?title=Hyper_Triggers (Might take some time to load but tons of good info)

3) I do believe the stacking text is gone, but I could be mistaken.

I am just coming back as well ha.

None.

Aug 23 2017, 7:27 pm martosss Post #3

Regarding overlapping text, yes, it works, BUT I think it's different for Remastered and the original.

Here is a link to an overlap generator that works with the original : Overlap Generator

I used it for Hazard Zone(You can dl and play the map Here and see if it works for you, most units are with overlapping text there), where I fixed some bugs and it works for me(I'm with the non-remastered), but people with remastered said it's broken - text shows twice, or slightly overlapped for some units, depending on the text length.

From that point of view, working with overlapping text might not work in the future(unless there's a way to make it work for both versions).

The same goes for the "Display text message" action if you want to show text on a particular position of the screen. It might work for SC:BW(like in Hazard Zone, there's also a lot of text in the beginning showing exactly on a specific unit), but it will be offset for the remastered, depending on the resolution that you are using.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 23 2017, 7:33 pm by martosss.

None.

Aug 23 2017, 7:30 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #4

Roy's Secret Service

http://oriehulan.com/projects/overlap-generator/

Technically, text overlapping is still possible, but with the release of Remastered, it's not really a viable option anymore. The overlapping is inconsistent between remaster and original graphics because of different font style and character size. You can only have it properly overlapped for one mode or the other, but not both. Briefing room text is probably the exception (since 1.19) but I haven't checked for certain.

Edit: Got ninja'd. :sneaky:

Aug 23 2017, 7:44 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #5

Roy's Secret Service

Quote from martosss
The same goes for the "Display text message" action if you want to show text on a particular position of the screen. It might work for SC:BW(like in Hazard Zone, there's also a lot of text in the beginning showing exactly on a specific unit), but it will be offset for the remastered, depending on the resolution that you are using.
I find that using a center align tag will yield more predictable results, since it will be offset from the center rather than the edge of the screen. However, since spaces in the remaster graphics are roughly 2/3rd the size of the ones in the original graphics, you might want to find another character that are the same size in both graphic modes (and use the invisible color tag on them).

Aug 23 2017, 10:25 pm Aoikigahara Post #6

Thank you for the very useful information all.

An additional dumb question, I am using scmdraft 2. I can't remember how to rename switches. Anyone know how to do so?

None.

Aug 23 2017, 10:38 pm Ashamed Post #7

Hear me Raor!!

Click on the Classic Trigger edit and you will see switches as the bottom button. Click that.

You might also be able to just do it via the text trigger editor under switches.

None.

Options
  Back to forum