Samase
Aug 10 2017, 6:15 pm
By: Neiv
Pages: < 1 3 4 5

Feb 9 2019, 11:46 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #81

Well... no, that map does not use any modified AI Scripts (so far...) The game crashed the first time too, that's why I had to load.

Who am I, and why should I care?

Feb 12 2019, 8:26 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #82

To continue with that last issue... I think I've found a common denominator. Yesterday SC hung up on me. It never did crash therefore I can't produce the dump file - I had to terminate the process. It was while playing another mission that does not have any own-made AI Scripts (nor did the one where I experienced the crash) but both have the computer opponents that run stock Zerg Insane AI Scripts (one has the vanilla one, the other Expansion one - actually 2 of them). Both times the crash/freeze happened after quite a while into the missions - I'd wager at least 40 minutes (in the second case I can say for sure it was past 30 minutes as the map has a 30 minute survival timer after which it enters the laissez faire realm where you basically just need to hang on for as long as you can). Another couple of missions - on without any campaign AI Scripts run for any of the players, the other with a few scripts from Brood War campaigns - were not causing any issues.

So I'm pretty sure AISE is the culprit. But how come it's not my own scripts that cause errors?

Feb 12 2019, 1:44 pm Neiv Post #83

If you think that aise is causing the issues, and you aren't relying on any custom scripts, you should try to remove it and see if it works then to narrow things down. I haven't heard of aise causing any freezes though.

The crash is from player's guard AI list seemingly becoming corrupted, that could also cause freezes, but I haven't heard of anything that could cause that. The crashdump doesn't reveal much more than that.

One thing you could try checking is that no buildings/workers have "allow becoming guard" flag set in units.dat ai tab.

None.

Feb 12 2019, 5:48 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #84

Thanks. I haven't edited any of the worker units. On the second go I was able to finish the mission where I encountered a freeze and so has Nekron. Sorry for raising alarm.

Mar 16 2019, 2:57 pm Neiv Post #85

Had to update to fix a crash that sometimes occured with aise idle_orders and latest patch which added some extra checks

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 3 4 5
  Back to forum