Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Dark Archon Shield Energy is dropping
Dark Archon Shield Energy is dropping
Aug 3 2017, 8:43 pm
By: Mimose  

Aug 3 2017, 8:43 pm Mimose Post #1

Hi, I encountered a strange bug on my map.
The Dark Archon Shields are keep dropping every now and then in game. Then they recover to about 20 or 30 points and fall back again. There is no Trigger which could do that and the problem only exists for the Dark Archon - other units with shieldenergy work normal.
The DA is avaible by default and has 1000 SP, 100 HP, Buildtime 300
I dont know whats wrong with that - does anybody knows this problem?

None.

Aug 3 2017, 9:15 pm jjf28 Post #2

Cartography Artisan

Are there any EMP's flying about? Otherwise please post or PM the map.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Aug 3 2017, 9:32 pm lil-Inferno Post #3

Just here for the pie

Dark Archon shields drop to zero when they cast Mind Control. Is Mind Control something they can cast?

Aug 3 2017, 10:07 pm Mimose Post #4

Quote from lil-Inferno
Dark Archon shields drop to zero when they cast Mind Control. Is Mind Control something they can cast?
AAh yes.
I didn't know that, so Thanks a lot!

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[10:53 pm]
Butch -- prob some weird character on a string somewhere or something dumb like that
[09:50 pm]
Ultraviolet -- It's weird indeed, not really sure what is so special about Spellsword that causes it to react differently on Remastered, usually EUDs are the cause of things like that
[05:35 pm]
Zoan -- I haven't played in like 2 years so maybe something changed I don't know about
[05:35 pm]
Zoan -- No-Name-Needed-II
No-Name-Needed-II shouted: Zoan No idea if anything changed.. I've made several maps that push TMOANC to the limit and they are still working.. 3 causes of it I've narrowed down are -Too many islands which some terrain on certain tilesets can create micro islands on cliff edges with basic isometric.. -Too many changes in elevation from high to mid to low ground.. -And too many tiles from certain doodads that block tank fire..
Any clue as to why a map which would previously work fine on past patches would now suddenly not work on the current remastered patch?
[05:34 pm]
Zoan -- I'll try Butch's suggestion of running in 32-bit, maybe that will fix it?
[05:34 pm]
Zoan -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: Did martiss' link not work?
It crashes as it does when you use EUD's incorrectly - like it closes starcraft and has the error window pop up with a ticket to send to Blizzard. I know it's not EUDs though since obviously spellsword doesn't use any, so IDK what it is.
[03:19 pm]
No-Name-Needed-II -- Zoan No idea if anything changed.. I've made several maps that push TMOANC to the limit and they are still working.. 3 causes of it I've narrowed down are -Too many islands which some terrain on certain tilesets can create micro islands on cliff edges with basic isometric.. -Too many changes in elevation from high to mid to low ground.. -And too many tiles from certain doodads that block tank fire..
[2022-5-23. : 12:21 am]
Oh_Man -- Wat precisely is wrong with spellsword now?
[2022-5-23. : 12:19 am]
Oh_Man -- Did martiss' link not work?
[2022-5-22. : 8:11 pm]
Zoan -- Also my KOTK maps all have the nooks and crannies issue when they didn't before; what changed?
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy