Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Play any mod in windowed mode
Play any mod in windowed mode
Jul 9 2017, 7:41 pm
By: Neiv  

Jul 9 2017, 7:41 pm Neiv Post #1

I was wondering how difficult would it be to create a tool that launches mods in windowed mode even when the mod didn't originally support it. Turns out that it wasn't that bad =)

How to use
Drag and drop a mod .exe to chainwmode.exe. It should work with any kind of mod loader, or anything that launches starcraft. But to be fair, I didn't bother testing Memgraft/Stargraft/Stardraft mods. Alternatively you can run it from command line like 'chainwmode.exe "C:\mods\cool mod.exe"'

Attachments:
chainwmode.exe
Hits: 13 Size: 960.5kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2017, 3:12 am by Neiv.

None.

Jul 9 2017, 7:46 pm Pr0nogo Post #2

Good stuff. This will help make older mods playable. Thanks for the tool!

Jul 10 2017, 2:13 am Corbo Post #3

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

This is an amazing addition. Thank you very much!

fuck you all

Jul 10 2017, 2:15 am Black_Overseer Post #4

Great work!

Jul 10 2017, 2:45 am Pr0nogo Post #5

:bang:

(Wanted to see if it would force w-mode exes to w-mode even if you hit no. It does!)

Jul 15 2017, 3:04 am Dem0n Post #6

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Not sure if it's an issue with the program or something I'm doing wrong, but this only worked once. Every time I try it now, the console shows up for a split second and then goes away, and nothing happens. Tried re-downloading but still getting the same results.

Memes gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the memer on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of memes. I pledge my life and honor to the Meme's Watch, for this meme and all the memes to come.

Jul 18 2017, 3:18 am Neiv Post #7

It definitely should work more than once.. The one possiblity that is not a bug in the program is that the first starcraft process was still running when you tried again.

Anyways, if you still have the problem, I updated the exe to be a bit better at reporting errors. Though due to technical reasons, some errors don't appear in the console window but get logged to a file in directory "%TEMP%\chainwmode_0" instead.

None.

Options
  Back to forum