Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: The UED AI Project
The UED AI Project
Jun 28 2017, 1:26 pm
By: Nekron  

Feb 21 2019, 12:50 am SkyTechRTS Post #21

Hmm, still froze up despite downnloadinng the new version :(

None.

Feb 21 2019, 3:39 pm Nekron Post #22

Yeah I noticed sometime after my last comment that it still can freeze but I have no idea why really :( Sometimes (and ofc without any melee AIs) it runs fine so I left the melee mod available for download, but since it's less of a priority than finishing the BW campaing in the relatively near feature I probably won't be trying to fix it for a while. Neiv says it's most likely a PyAI problem so likely nothing I can do anything about it

Not sure how long until Episode IV is ready, might be just 1 month but might also very well be 3 if ideas don't work out at first

Feb 21 2019, 8:06 pm poiuy_qwert Post #23

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from Nekron
Neiv says it's most likely a PyAI problem so likely nothing I can do anything about it
Did he say why he thinks this is a PyAI issue or what the issue could be? I'm not sure how it could be PyAI's fault, but if it is then there is something that can be done, we could fix it :P I don't really have much time to do actual debugging and reverse engineering of the issue in game right now, but if details can be provided to me I could look into it a bit. Also a minimal script to reproduce the issue (probably not easy to do) would help a lot.

Feb 22 2019, 1:44 am Nekron Post #24

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Quote from Nekron
Neiv says it's most likely a PyAI problem so likely nothing I can do anything about it
Did he say why he thinks this is a PyAI issue or what the issue could be? I'm not sure how it could be PyAI's fault, but if it is then there is something that can be done, we could fix it :P I don't really have much time to do actual debugging and reverse engineering of the issue in game right now, but if details can be provided to me I could look into it a bit. Also a minimal script to reproduce the issue (probably not easy to do) would help a lot.
He said so because the scripts inherently dont have anything inside of them that would freeze the game. They make inefficient jumps but the game should not care
I opened an issue on PyMS' github page about this exact issue 10 days ago https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS/issues/120
He said that game-side what happens is that the scripts (this for the record happens even if you copypaste scripts after removing all unused parts to a clear default PyAI aiscript/bwscipt.bin, I know that in JNCraton's default one it looks almost like it should freeze or crash) call for use of invalid/nonexistent commands until eventually the game freezes

Feb 22 2019, 5:04 am poiuy_qwert Post #25

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from Nekron
I opened an issue on PyMS' github page about this exact issue 10 days ago https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS/issues/120
Hmm I didn't get notified, weird... Thanks!

Feb 22 2019, 5:34 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #26

LOL... I'm so getting thrashed most every time I try to play any of those missions. :)

Who am I, and why should I care?

Feb 26 2019, 4:16 pm SkyTechRTS Post #27

Had a weird crash on the Reign of Fire, Kerrigan mission.

it crashed around the time my SCV was about to be evac'd off the map.

None.

Feb 26 2019, 6:22 pm Nekron Post #28

Can you provide the samase crash log from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\samase ? I'll try to look if there's anything wrong with triggers/map

Options
  Back to forum