Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (8) Jungle Frenzy!
(8) Jungle Frenzy!
Jun 4 2017, 4:04 am
By: Nettles  

Jun 4 2017, 4:04 am Nettles Post #1

For large FFA and team play.
Use Map Settings for team play.

Added image myself so I don't have to lock this on you. -Ex

Attachments:
(8)Jungle Frenzy!.scm
Hits: 2 Size: 253.17kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 4 2017, 5:07 am by Excalibur.

None.

Jun 4 2017, 5:10 am Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

The map is very ill-formed with a lot of unnatural corridors, awkwardly shaped mains, and no real layout to speak of. Even unsymmetrical maps, good ones anyway, have a cohesive idea that they are built around so that it doesn't just become a splattered canvas.

I'd recommend scrapping this and starting again after you've come up with what you want the concept of the map to be, and have executed it with some semblance of form.

You can reference my old melee mapping video here and the melee mapping guide here for additional help.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 4 2017, 2:34 pm Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, I agree a lot with what Ex said. The mains, and expos even, are very awkwardly shaped, and won't make for good bases. The middle is wasted by the large body of water, and in an 8-player FFA map, you really need as much space as you can get.

Here's an 8-player FFA map I made not too long ago that Ex cleaned up and made better. You can see the general direction around it, which leads to plausible gameplay. Try replicating something like this, or start with a smaller map (maybe 4-player) and then expanding that to an 8-player version.

Attachments:
8Demon_Edgen.scx
Hits: 5 Size: 290.58kb

Options
  Back to forum