Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: SC: Remastered Editor Updates
SC: Remastered Editor Updates
Jun 1 2017, 5:02 pm
By: Sixen  

Jun 1 2017, 5:02 pm Sixen Post #1

Looks like the Classic Games Dev team is working to provide Suicidal Insanity with information to update SCMDraft.
Courtesy of google translate: "We wanted to implement the lamp [ramp I think] in 12 different angles. There are a lot of map editors and exchanges, but I am worried about lamps [ramps] and implementing custom lamps [ramps]. We plan to localize it as a map editor. I am sharing various information with SCM Draft 2, and I am trying to expand this function. I think that there are lots of creativity in the case of custom maps. We will provide support for custom maps, but the map we have to give up in the remaster was EUD maps. I have an abuse case. I thought this would cause security problems for the player. I am still thinking about how to proceed with the support of community users and maps. I think EUD maps have a lot of problems right now. Usage maps will be compatible and implemented immediately after the remaster update."
Source: Q&A session from http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=6935865&memberNo=22031991
So in summary...
  • Map editor will incorporate/expand features of SCM Draft 2
  • EUD maps wont be supported because of security issues
  • Support for custom maps will be given after remaster
Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20753705711

None.

Jun 1 2017, 6:56 pm Pr0nogo Post #2

Nice to see you around a BW community, Sixen.

I remember reading about this earlier. There is a low likelihood of blizz supporting modding at all, especially if they move to CASC (a likely possibility) and change the file structure of everything. This 'support' of mapping is probably the best we're going to get out of them, and if modding can exist at all post SC:R launch, it'll have to come via a CASC viewer/compiler/decompiler. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Jun 1 2017, 8:27 pm Sixen Post #3

Quote from Pr0nogo
Nice to see you around a BW community, Sixen.
Can honestly say I thought I'd never login to BW again about 10 years ago, :-).

None.

Jun 1 2017, 8:28 pm Voyager7456 Post #4

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Pr0nogo
There is a low likelihood of blizz supporting modding at all, especially if they move to CASC (a likely possibility) and change the file structure of everything. This 'support' of mapping is probably the best we're going to get out of them, and if modding can exist at all post SC:R launch, it'll have to come via a CASC viewer/compiler/decompiler. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Blizzard has some interest in supporting modding for SC:R, but it seems that they haven't looked too closely at what that entails yet. I am hopeful that we can work something out once they're further along in development.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2017, 8:34 pm by Voyager7456.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Options
  Back to forum