Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Transmissions have a super huge lag between them?
Transmissions have a super huge lag between them?
May 22 2017, 3:47 am
By: IdealIdeas  

May 22 2017, 3:47 am IdealIdeas Post #1

So I have 2 Transmissions in 1 trigger, 1 is supposed to play after the other.

The first transmission wav file lasts 5 seconds, so I set the transmission duration for 5000 miliseconds. The 2nd one that is supposed to play right after that plays a 4 second wav file and has its duration set for 4000 miliseconds.

For whatever reason, the 2nd transmission plays at an incredibly delayed amount of time after the first.

Whats going on?

None.

May 22 2017, 5:16 am Oh_Man Post #2

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Sounds like wait block shennigans. I would use death counters instead of transmission duration.

May 22 2017, 5:37 am IdealIdeas Post #3

Quote from Oh_Man
Sounds like wait block shennigans. I would use death counters instead of transmission duration.

Thats kind of weird because most of my triggers use burning building timers.

A few things use waits but that is only a few 100 miliseconds and none of that stuff goes off until 4-5 minutes after these 2 transmission triggers are supposed to go off.

None.

May 22 2017, 5:51 am NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It's wait blocks for sure unless you accidentially set it to 50,000ms instead of 5,000.
If set up improperly the waits of hyper triggers will block the transmission waits. It's safest to give the hypers to a computer player that never runs any waits.

Also, even if you didn't run into problems so far, it's recommened to use death counters for every timing need outside of transmissions. If need be, even transmissions could be reduced to wait(0) and replaced by dcs but I think you'll have to manually recreate the talking portrait.

May 22 2017, 5:54 am IdealIdeas Post #5

Quote from NudeRaider
It's wait blocks for sure unless you accidentially set it to 50,000ms instead of 5,000.
If set up improperly the waits of hyper triggers will block the transmission waits. It's safest to give the hypers to a computer player that never runs any waits.

Also, even if you didn't run into problems so far, it's recommened to use death counters for every timing need outside of transmissions. If need be, even transmissions could be reduced to wait(0) and replaced by dcs but I think you'll have to manually recreate the talking portrait.

This particular map doesnt use any hyper triggers of any sort.

Plus I thought recent updates broke hyper triggers?

None.

May 22 2017, 6:01 am IdealIdeas Post #6

I actually think I found the problem and I guess it was wait block shennigans. I had a command waiting every 8000 seconds and then changing the mission objectives.

I changed it and I think the other wait timers are working appropriately now. Ill report once I give a more thorough testing

None.

May 23 2017, 1:01 am IdealIdeas Post #7

Yep, all problems fixed!
I finally finished my map! :D

None.

Jun 5 2017, 6:04 am Oh_Man Post #8

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Grats man.

I believe u r incorrect about hypertriggers they still work.

Options
  Back to forum