Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Day/Night trigger to spawn waves
Day/Night trigger to spawn waves
May 17 2017, 9:16 pm
By: TristanOfVP  

May 17 2017, 9:16 pm TristanOfVP Post #1

I'm making a map where players explore the map during a "day" time and defend against waves of enemies attack during the "night" time.

I don't know how to execute this well. I've tried switches and then tried using units to label day and night and removing them after the count down but I can't get it to work well. Looking for ideas to make this system work.

None.

May 17 2017, 10:37 pm theskinsurf Post #2

plenty of ways, the simplest would probably be a timer.

if "day" is cleared
if "night" is set
if timer is at most 0 sec
--
set timer to 5:00
clear "night"
set "day"
preserve

if "day" is set
if "night" is cleared
if timer is at most 0 sec
--
set timer to 5:00
clear "day"
set "night"
preserve

etc etc.

Current project: Star Rogue
Other projects: Triumvirate Defense, Skirmish Islands

Jun 18 2017, 5:20 pm lucifirius Post #3

What you can do is have a unit travel from one point to another to signify day/night.

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[06:48 pm]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[2024-4-21. : 1:32 pm]
Oh_Man -- I will
[2024-4-20. : 11:29 pm]
Zoan -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: yeah i'm tryin to go through all the greatest hits and get the runs up on youtube so my senile ass can appreciate them more readily
You should do my Delirus map too; it's a little cocky to say but I still think it's actually just a good game lol
[2024-4-20. : 8:20 pm]
Ultraviolet -- Goons were functioning like stalkers, I think a valk was made into a banshee, all sorts of cool shit
[2024-4-20. : 8:20 pm]
Ultraviolet -- Oh wait, no I saw something else. It was more melee style, and guys were doing warpgate shit and morphing lings into banelings (Infested terran graphics)
[2024-4-20. : 8:18 pm]
Ultraviolet -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: lol SC2 in SC1: https://youtu.be/pChWu_eRQZI
oh ya I saw that when Armo posted it on Discord, pretty crazy
[2024-4-20. : 8:09 pm]
Vrael -- thats less than half of what I thought I'd need, better figure out how to open SCMDraft on windows 11
[2024-4-20. : 8:09 pm]
Vrael -- woo baby talk about a time crunch
[2024-4-20. : 8:08 pm]
Vrael -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: yeah i'm tryin to go through all the greatest hits and get the runs up on youtube so my senile ass can appreciate them more readily
so that gives me approximately 27 more years to finish tenebrous before you get to it?
[2024-4-20. : 7:56 pm]
Oh_Man -- lol SC2 in SC1: https://youtu.be/pChWu_eRQZI
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy