Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: New Patch Questions
New Patch Questions
May 15 2017, 4:05 pm
By: SCRuler  

May 15 2017, 4:05 pm SCRuler Post #1

Hey guys. I'm back again.
Got a question. The new 1.18 update makes most of our tools unable to be used for modding, right? We'd need to downgrade just to bring it back?
I guess the modding scene is basically dead enough such that nobody's gonna update the tools for modding, particularly not for Remastered, correct?

None.

May 15 2017, 4:46 pm Voyager7456 Post #2

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from SCRuler
Hey guys. I'm back again.
Got a question. The new 1.18 update makes most of our tools unable to be used for modding, right? We'd need to downgrade just to bring it back?
I guess the modding scene is basically dead enough such that nobody's gonna update the tools for modding, particularly not for Remastered, correct?

The modding scene is still very active in Korea, and it's not entirely dead here. :)

Blizzard is still updating frequently right now and they're scrambling offsets with each patch. There isn't too much point in starting to update tools if they're just going to undo all that work a week later. Once they settle down, we can start looking into updating things for real.

There's also the question of whether it's worth it trying to update for 1.18 or if we should just wait for Remastered. SC:R will likely have radical changes to the engine - if they're going to release it shortly after the final 1.18 patch, maybe it's best to hold off.

But, yes, there are certainly a number of us who are interested in restoring the modding tools.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

May 20 2017, 12:48 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

I've figured out the graphics formats for 1.18, and they appear like they are intended to be used for SC:R, but like Voy said there's not really a point investing a lot of time writing tools if the formats might not be what are actually used.

Plus I don't know how to add files to the CASC data, especially since I can't even seem to get a listfile to show the filenames. xD (If anyone can help with this, I would love to know more. I believe I've identified several filenames, but cascview doesn't seem to recognize anything...)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2017, 12:55 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum