Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Side Scrolling RPG
Side Scrolling RPG
May 10 2017, 10:48 pm
By: Pauper  

May 10 2017, 10:48 pm Pauper Post #1

Has anyone made a side scrolling RPG? I made a quick little map just to see if its possible and it is to an extent but I was curious if someone else has actually made a full on RPG out of this.

I did a 64x64 map and put 4 exit/entrances on each side of the map. If you go left it sets/disables some switches and the zone changes based on where you are.

Alias: Oo.Pauper.oO - Mp)Madness - Bitz - p00pyjoel

May 11 2017, 12:12 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Yup I've made a map like this, it's incomplete and only works on 1.16 though (uses EUDs).

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 11 2017, 3:07 am LoveLess Post #3

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

They're very possible to do, it's an old map but it did a mild copy of the first few Mario NES levels. Was a bit crap though.

None.

May 11 2017, 3:09 pm Pauper Post #4

Very cool :)

It sounded like a fun concept but after playing B.net and realizing most people like defenses I stopped working on it!

Alias: Oo.Pauper.oO - Mp)Madness - Bitz - p00pyjoel

May 15 2017, 10:44 pm theskinsurf Post #5

you should try the super mario map that I believe Roy made.
I suppose you could apply its mechanics to an RPG, but I don't imagine it would improve the original gameplay much.

Current project: Star Rogue
Other projects: Triumvirate Defense, Skirmish Islands

Options
  Back to forum