Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Stop Trigger When Unit Is Burrowed
Stop Trigger When Unit Is Burrowed
May 10 2017, 8:48 pm
By: Pauper  

May 10 2017, 8:48 pm Pauper Post #1

I have a map where you play as a Zergling and you accumulate "points" when you're alive. To prevent people from burrowing and remaining burrowed the whole time, how can I make it so when burrowed the trigger stops giving you points?

Alias: Oo.Pauper.oO - Mp)Madness - Bitz - p00pyjoel

May 10 2017, 9:57 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

center 1x1 pixel location on zergling, create dt at 1x1 px loc,
if dt is detected at 1x1 px loc set flag 'no points' and remove dt.

Don't do it too often as it will introduce movement lag.

Another approach is to 'nag' the player by ordering the ling to either move onto himself (just annoying) or to some random point on the map (can sell as feature to increase difficulty)

or simply disable the burrow ability.

May 10 2017, 10:29 pm Pauper Post #3

Thank you Nude.

The map is super basic with the goal of surviving the longest as Infested Terrans chase after you. Burrowing would allow the player to dodge an attack and have some time to get away after the fact. Sadly, I can't remove burrowing unless someone else has another idea for dodging the attacks.

I was thinking about having a random move to prevent people from burrowing. Since this map is super basic I will probably go that route.

Alias: Oo.Pauper.oO - Mp)Madness - Bitz - p00pyjoel

Options
  Back to forum