day/night cycle
Apr 30 2017, 4:13 am
By: theskinsurf  

May 17 2017, 7:26 am Oh_Man Post #21

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

So whats thr minimum number needed to remove flickering then?

When you say placed do you mean preplaced in map editor or dynamically placed with the create unit trigger?

May 17 2017, 7:45 am Lethal_Illusion Post #22

Quote from Oh_Man
So whats thr minimum number needed to remove flickering then?

When you say placed do you mean preplaced in map editor or dynamically placed with the create unit trigger?
You can do it with 2 units per vision circle. The test map I posted used 3, but I'll try to create an even more minimal test map tomorrow if I can.

And you would want to do this in the map editor probably. It can theoretically be done with create unit triggers, but you don't have as much control over indices that way.

None.

Jun 18 2017, 6:55 am Oh_Man Post #23

Yeah if you could do that that would be good. Also if you could use death counters instead of gas/mineral timer that would be appreciated. XD

I am looking at the triggers now and trying to implement them into my RPG. I don't understand how come the Zerglings have to cycle between three different extended players?

I do note as well it looks like you can see a cloak shimmer as well which is a bit disappointing.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 19 2017, 1:27 pm by Oh_Man.

Jun 21 2017, 6:45 pm rockz Post #24

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

You can't get rid of the cloak shimmer. It's always there. You can use disabled cloaked ghost sprites for additional vision if you want as well. They will function the same as a burrowed unit.

What I don't understand is how a given unit gives vision before the 100 frame mark. I thought vision only updated on the update frame or when created.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 22 2017, 1:09 am Oh_Man Post #25

Remind me again how do you do the disabled ghost sprites?

Are you sure they don't affect pathing either?

Jun 22 2017, 1:59 am rockz Post #26

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Oh_Man
Remind me again how do you do the disabled ghost sprites?

Are you sure they don't affect pathing either?
Place a unit sprite in SCMDraft, and toggle the "disabled" flag in the properties. You'll may have to enable it via triggers after that. Any ghost works since they all share the same unit animation, so you can have regular ghosts without ocular implants or a hero ghost with them. Kerrigan crashes I believe. I made a wiki article about it at one point, but the wiki got hacked and I lost a bunch of the pages I made/edited.

Correct. They can't walk on solid objects, but solid objects can walk on them just fine.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 22 2017, 2:27 am Oh_Man Post #27

Do they work for extended players too?

I'm gonna try to use them with Lethal's method if so.

Jun 22 2017, 9:28 am rockz Post #28

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Extended players are a different beast altogether. I would assume so, but not sure why you'd want extended players. Neutral players will work fine. IIRC you can't interact with extended players in triggers very well. It's an all or nothing sort of thing.

Jun 22 2017, 9:36 am Oh_Man Post #29

If you open lethals map you will see he is using them. They work fine with the give trigger.

You need them for larger projects where you already are using a lot of players for other tasks. But like you say they are a bit of an oddity so I didn't know how they'd go with the disabled sprites.

Jun 22 2017, 11:43 pm rockz Post #30

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

players over 12 are extended. Players 1-12 have proper tables associated with them and don't cause buffer overflows in various locations.

Jun 23 2017, 12:32 am Oh_Man Post #31

Well that's what they're called in the wiki. Afaik they've always been called extended players.

Jun 23 2017, 11:18 am NudeRaider Post #32

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

P9-12 are neutral players

Jun 24 2017, 5:43 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #33

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from rockz
What I don't understand is how a given unit gives vision before the 100 frame mark. I thought vision only updated on the update frame or when created.
Without having actually looked in to the context of this (xD), I know that if a unit moves then its vision can update sooner (like in maps with lights on/off, if you order a control group unit it will get vision before the lights fully turn on).. so maybe there's like an active vision update (moving, created, given, etc. units) that updates continuously, and a passive vision (fogging vision where a unit was previously, attacking units, shared vision updates, etc.) that updates every 100 frames.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jun 24 2017, 5:51 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum