Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Two firegraft plugin requests
Two firegraft plugin requests
Apr 17 2017, 8:04 am
By: Pr0nogo
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

May 30 2017, 5:23 am Pr0nogo Post #61

Oh cool, when it's complete it just asks if you want to run in wmode on start-up? Very nice. Thanks for your hard work.

May 30 2017, 1:20 pm KYSXD Post #62

Quote from Voyager7456
Despite saying "yes" when asked if I want to run in W-Mode, the game still launches fullscreen for me. I tested with a couple other mods that use it and got the same results. Is there something I'm missing about the plugin?

The .dll files maybe?

May 30 2017, 9:21 pm Voyager7456 Post #63

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from KYSXD
Quote from Voyager7456
Despite saying "yes" when asked if I want to run in W-Mode, the game still launches fullscreen for me. I tested with a couple other mods that use it and got the same results. Is there something I'm missing about the plugin?

The .dll files maybe?

I had the DLLs in the wrong place - didn't realize they needed to be in the StarCraft directory, not the directory of the mod EXE. Attached is the new plugin.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2017, 2:14 am by Voyager7456.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

May 31 2017, 4:56 am Pr0nogo Post #64

When asked if I'd like to play windowed mode, selecting 'no' does not start the program at all, as if I selected 'cancel'.

There is a weapon ID in the mod that applies maelstrom to the target. This will still apply it to the bunker, and the same problem as before is had.

Proof:

May 31 2017, 11:52 am Voyager7456 Post #65

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Oh, I didn't realize you weren't applying Maelstrom via the spell. I'll fix it shortly.

but i'm crazy for you

My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

May 31 2017, 12:50 pm Pr0nogo Post #66

I'm doing both. Hopefully that doesn't cause any problems?

May 31 2017, 1:23 pm Voyager7456 Post #67

It just means I'll have to take a slightly different approach. I had only hooked the Maelstrom proc function.

but i'm crazy for you

May 31 2017, 3:15 pm Pr0nogo Post #68

Sorry for the added headache. I hope the w mode issue is easier to fix.

Jun 1 2017, 2:12 am Voyager7456 Post #69

After your clarification via PM, this was much easier to solve. :)

Attached plugin should handle both your issues.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2017, 9:11 pm by Voyager7456.

but i'm crazy for you

Jun 1 2017, 7:19 am Pr0nogo Post #70

Windowed and fullscreen modes are both supported, and lockdown doesn't proc on bunkers, but maelstrom is back to being its old self.

Jun 1 2017, 11:53 am Voyager7456 Post #71

Whoops. After our discussion yesterday, I thought you were only using Lockdown so I removed the Maelstrom code.

Try this. I hastily re-wrote the replacement Malestrom function before heading to work this morning, but I did a quick test and I think it works correctly. Please let me know if there are any issues with it.

Attachments:
GPTP.qdp
Hits: 1 Size: 441kb

but i'm crazy for you

Jun 1 2017, 12:27 pm Pr0nogo Post #72

I tested both functions and neither of them effect the bunker.

Both functions appear to work on enemy units, but only lockdown effects units owned by the caster - maelstrom no longer does this. If possible, I would like that function restored.

Thanks so much for your help!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2017, 12:49 pm by Pr0nogo.

Jun 1 2017, 8:34 pm Voyager7456 Post #73

Quote from Pr0nogo
I tested both functions and neither of them effect the bunker.

Both functions appear to work on enemy units, but only lockdown effects units owned by the caster - maelstrom no longer does this. If possible, I would like that function restored.

Thanks so much for your help!

Isn't the default behavior of Malestrom not to affect owned units? I had just tried to recreate the same thing, with the Bunker restriction.

Attached is a version that will also affect the caster/attacker's units.

Attachments:
GPTP.qdp
Hits: 1 Size: 441kb

but i'm crazy for you

Jun 1 2017, 9:02 pm Pr0nogo Post #74

Yeah, looks like everything's all set now. If I have any further problems I'll post them.

Maelstrom might not have initially affected allied/player-owned units. I'll do some testing with and without it and decide what I like. Thanks for all your help!

Jun 12 2017, 12:06 pm Pr0nogo Post #75

Back again, with a low-priority request:

If a unit under the effects of maelstrom is attacked by the caster of said maelstrom, they flee when the effect wears off. Any ideas on a possible fix?

This isn't a huge issue, more like a minor quality of life change.

Jun 13 2017, 10:04 pm Voyager7456 Post #76

Interesting. I called the same function that the original Maelstrom hook does to incapacitate units, so I'm not sure why the order behavior appears to be different.

Unfortunately it's going to be quite a while before I can take a look at this. I'm currently in a hotel and even when I arrive at my new place, I have to wait for the shipping container with my desktop to arrive.

but i'm crazy for you

Jun 13 2017, 10:11 pm Pr0nogo Post #77

No worries, it's a minor detail anyways. Only one of my testers noticed it, so I'm not concerned that it'll be a huge issue. If you get the time to look at it at any point, I'll update the mod with your work.

Worth noting that the stun on Goska's autoattacks doesn't have the same effect, likely because it's replacing Lockdown. Idk if that's useful at all, but figured I'd let you know.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum