Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: scmdraft - 0.9.0 info + nightly download (Post small feature req
scmdraft - 0.9.0 info + nightly download (Post small feature req
Apr 9 2017, 9:27 am
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 39 40 41 42 4360 >

Jan 18 2019, 12:54 am Pr0nogo Post #801

Thanks for the timely fix for the trigedit issue I posted in the shoutbox earlier.

Echoing my sentiments for this feature, really useful for people like me who work with lots of extended or custom tiles:
Quote from Pr0nogo
Would be really nice to be able to mark tiles as unwriteable in isom/paste, for custom blends/tiles that are often overwritten, basically making them behave like doodads.
Ideally, this would just mean selecting tiles with left click, right-click for context menu (with a keyboard shortcut), and selecting an option like 'Do Not Overwrite' or w/e you want to call it.

Another feature I thought about would be left bracket and right bracket as keyboard shortcuts for increasing or decreasing brush size in the terrain and fog of war layers, plus whatever other layers you think would benefit from it. There may already be a shortcut for this, though.

Currently the output window does not remember its box size - a small bug, but one I don't think I've seen anyone else mention.

A while ago Sayoka requested the return of the terrain palette launching if a user set the terrain brush type to Tileset Index. I'd like to second that, it saves precious few seconds every time I need to place some tiles. I understand that as a developer it feels bad to link these, but making it a non-default setting would be nice for those who want to use them. Syncing between the palette and the main window's brush type would be a good change as well. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this in the interim?

An option to lock the UI (so accidental mouse drags don't move toolbars around) would be great, maybe on a per profile basis. Speaking of profiles, being able to rename them in the startup dialog would be useful (I probably already asked for this).

Is it possible to make a 1-tile brush size in isom, that would only edit one 'corner' at a time? Currently you can ctrl+click the edge of two isoms to get a half-size brush, which I assume isn't actually intentional but is a really nice feature. A quarter-size brush would just build upon that.

Cheers and thanks for continuing to update SCMDraft all the way into 2019.

edit: big feature request, since we can now have up to 256 player colors via modding, it would be great to find a way to use the colors in tminimap.pcx for text. Not sure how such a thing is possible or if it's even something SCMDraft can help with, but I figure you would know if it's possible to interface with that through the editor. edit2: Neiv has confirmed that this requires a large rewrite of the text code so forget about this.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jun 11 2019, 6:25 pm by Pr0nogo.

Jan 18 2019, 10:49 am Suicidal Insanity Post #802

I see you !

I haven't decided whether to figure out a good way of locking tiles.

+ and - should work to increase and decrease the brush size.

For the isom brush: I have experimented with a zero sized brush, which basically creates a cliff spike without solid ground, but I haven't gotten it to work 100% consistently.

I don't suppress control clicking on cliffs because then it may be used 'at your own risk', I also told freaking to use that when he wanted that. And if you use it I'm sure you've run into cases where it changes a lot more terrain than expected. It also behaves differently depending on which row of the cliff you select.

Jan 19 2019, 7:39 am Pr0nogo Post #803

Well, a quick and dirty solution to locking tiles would be better than nothing.

Any chances of being able to add exes with embedded mpqs to profiles? Currently we have to rebuild the mpq by extracting all files from the exe and then reimporting everything correctly.

Jan 19 2019, 10:11 am Suicidal Insanity Post #804

I see you !

You should be able to just change the file filter to *.* in the browse dialogs, or worst case edit the profile in the registry manually. If its a standard embedded MPQ (I think they had start offset as a multiple of 2k or 20k) it should load.

I'll quote myself from last year, never got a response whether it worked with that particular EXE

Jan 19 2019, 11:27 am Pr0nogo Post #805

Can't edit the file filter. If I type the exe manually it says this:

Jan 19 2019, 5:04 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #806

I see you !

Is the embedded MPQ 512 byte aligned? That is what the MPQ code searches for. Or it may be that the MPQ format is too new. Without the exe I can only speculate.

Jan 22 2019, 12:12 pm Pr0nogo Post #807

Can we get select unit -> right click -> copy coordinates? With a keyboard shortcut like alt+c or something. Having two separate fields in unit properties is fine but I need to take down coords of units for aiscripts and all the alt tabbing will probably give me carpal tunnel.

Jan 27 2019, 11:10 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #808

I see you !

Will have to see.

I'm working on location copy / cut / paste right now. Its currently limited to 1 location at a time though, because of the way the location selection cycles through overlapping locations. I'm not sure how to expand that to support multiple select, suggestions?

Jan 28 2019, 10:42 am Wormer Post #809

Multiple selection with overlapped locations? Nothing natural comes to my mind. Except probably a tool to fight overlapping complexity.

Invisible/locked locations pleeease? :} (http://www.staredit.net/364727/)
Quote from Wormer
The most important for me about locations is an option to make them invisible and lockable (http://www.staredit.net/topic/8307/24/#490).

How it works. Invisible location is, well, invisible unless a setting "show invisible locations" is set. Invisible location is selectable only from the locations list or in "show invisible locations" mode. Locked location isn't mouse-selectable and when visible it's inner part appears to be transparent. Locked invisible location isn't mouse-selectable at all, even in the "show invisible locations" mode (where it appears as transparent).

Also, support multiple selection from the locations list in the tree and allow for selection/deselection of the topmost location only when they overlap.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 28 2019, 11:24 am by Wormer.

Some.

Jan 30 2019, 10:02 pm Zoko-TkZ Post #810

Just wanted to note that I had to delete my profile in ScmDraft and make a new one for maps using the new doodads to load properly.

None.

Feb 2 2019, 5:32 am Pr0nogo Post #811

Damage overlays do not always init when reducing unit HP. Current fix for this is deleting and undoing. Small and insignificant issue but hopefully easy enough to fix.

Feb 2 2019, 5:40 pm Excalibur Post #812

The sword and the faith

@SI
Invalid Resource and Invalid Depot cant be shown together. I'd like if they could, and if you could color them differently when used together. :)

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 10 2019, 11:11 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #813

I see you !

Uploaded a build with the incomplete location cut / copy / build implementation.

Quote from Pr0nogo
Damage overlays do not always init when reducing unit HP. Current fix for this is deleting and undoing. Small and insignificant issue but hopefully easy enough to fix.
I'll see if I can reproduce that.

Quote from Zoko-TkZ
Just wanted to note that I had to delete my profile in ScmDraft and make a new one for maps using the new doodads to load properly.
Did you have custom MPQ settings? If the MPQ settings do not match the defaults exactly it will not upgrade the profile to 1.22 compatible.

Quote from Excalibur
@SI
Invalid Resource and Invalid Depot cant be shown together. I'd like if they could, and if you could color them differently when used together. :)
They also color the exact same pixels right now, which makes drawing both at once difficult. Will give it some thought.

Feb 13 2019, 6:07 am Ultraviolet Post #814

Uploaded a build with the incomplete location cut / copy / build implementation.

I'm loving being able to copy/paste locations, it's pretty convenient :D

I've encountered a bug when modifying conditions. It seems any attempts to edit already created conditions don't stick. If I want to change a condition, I have to delete it and create a new one. I've tested this with Accumulate and Deaths.

Feb 13 2019, 9:54 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #815

I see you !

I'll upload a build with that fixed in a bit.

Feb 14 2019, 5:26 am Ultraviolet Post #816

Feb 14 2019, 7:37 am Suicidal Insanity Post #817

I see you !

What did you do?

Feb 15 2019, 12:04 am Ultraviolet Post #818

I was copying, pasting and deleting some locations. When the error came up, I was pasting a 3x3 location. It caused the unit names for 3 of the units I was using as DCs to revert to default, but after I unchecked use defaults everything went back to normal and seemed to be sorted out. No crash or anything too sinister. The error did happen again with a different set of DCs later when I was renaming some switches. Not sure how that ties in.

Feb 15 2019, 2:22 am Ultraviolet Post #819

Encountered another bug. When attempting to move actions up the list in classic triggers, it changes the action to match the action it just passed.

Also, not loving that color tags show up in unit names in triggers now. Not too big of a deal, but it makes it a little harder to find things.

Feb 15 2019, 9:52 am Suicidal Insanity Post #820

I see you !

The action issue regression should be fixed in the newest build, so the one that fixed modifying conditions as well. Can you make sure you are using that build?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 39 40 41 42 4360 >
  Back to forum