Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Location of Replays
Location of Replays
Apr 8 2017, 2:07 am
By: perlitzer  

Apr 8 2017, 2:07 am perlitzer Post #1

I can't find my replays. They aren't in the Starcraft folder but they are present in the game, leading me to believe that both saves and replays are hidden folders somewhere.

Thanks in advance for responses!

(and sorry if there's an FAQ i should be at or this is in the wrong place lol)

None.

Apr 8 2017, 2:41 am NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The files are most likely found here:
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft\maps\replays

Apr 8 2017, 4:59 am Pr0nogo Post #3

Very bizarre that they're stored at that location now. Game saves too, I imagine. Much more out of sight than before.

Apr 9 2017, 2:35 am perlitzer Post #4

Thanks everyone for the replies. I noticed when I went there, it only contained files from my install of brood war from about a year ago. Some intensive searching later I arrived at Documents, and it was there in my starcraft folder, though, so I guess it did end happily

Thanks again!

(any way I should close these threads or what?)

None.

Apr 9 2017, 2:39 am jjf28 Post #5

Cartography Artisan

A mod can close your thread for you at your request, typically SEN just leaves them open.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Apr 9 2017, 5:02 pm NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from perlitzer
Thanks everyone for the replies. I noticed when I went there, it only contained files from my install of brood war from about a year ago. Some intensive searching later I arrived at Documents, and it was there in my starcraft folder, though, so I guess it did end happily

Thanks again!

(any way I should close these threads or what?)
Ah that's the difference between the classic bw install from CD (which has no idea how Windows 7 is gonna handle user data) and the new digital download which by default does it like Windows 7 requires: Save all user data in a folder under the user profile.

Options
  Back to forum