Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Tile Edit = major failage
Tile Edit = major failage
Jan 16 2008, 3:38 am
By: RoryFenrir  

Jan 16 2008, 3:38 am RoryFenrir Post #1

all right, so i get what tile edit does, how it works and how its indexed and how to import and export but uhh.... tiledit kinda blows. Yes i know everyone says that but its true.

So i export a file, you can re-import it back to another spot and it works but when you edit it in any way or form it says BMP INCORECT FILE SIZE. I just opened the file and put a dot on the picture and it says this.... I tried in GIMP too.

...so is this just how this program works or is there a way around it. It would be a good program if it didnt do this.

and yes AES)Deathman101, you called it :)

None.

Jan 16 2008, 3:51 am Falkoner Post #2

Farty is still working out the kinks in his, you can use that when he's done :P

None.

Jan 16 2008, 4:06 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

Are you saving to 8-bit indexed mode or whatever (256-colors) and uncompressed?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 16 2008, 4:22 am RoryFenrir Post #4

im saving it in the file it was originally in

if i open up the original and save as and not modify it it still works.

None.

Jan 16 2008, 4:25 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #5

👻 👾 👽 💪

Well TileEdit is full of suck. Mine is full of pwn. :P
Uh. It's mostly done, it's just missing some major features.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 16 2008, 4:36 am Corbo Post #6

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Tileedit only sucks because you can't use it.
Seriously I've done really good stuff with it.
I once was making a new tileset with no problem.

fuck you all

Jan 16 2008, 11:13 pm RoryFenrir Post #7

well no offence corbo but i know i suck at it, but its not letting me import and maybe you could tell us how you get it to work.

None.

Jan 17 2008, 12:44 am Doodle77 Post #8

Edit your graphics with The GIMP, Paint sometimes likes to switch around palletes.

None.

Options
  Back to forum