Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: scaiedit limitations
scaiedit limitations
Jan 12 2017, 7:33 pm
By: DirectShift  

Jan 12 2017, 7:33 pm DirectShift Post #1

Hello people,

I'm writing the script for my new mod, however, I want to know if certain things are possible.

I'm writing a protoss script.

- Is it possible for a protoss to build a tank using the gateway? Considering that I used DATEDIT to make the siege tank a protoss unit...

- The high templar can cast dark swarm and maelstrom... but how do I tell the computer to use those spells?

That's all!

Thanks!

None.

Jan 13 2017, 11:19 am IskatuMesk Post #2

Lord of the Locker Room

1 - Yes.

2 - Reverse engineering and custom code is the only way.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jan 13 2017, 2:22 pm DirectShift Post #3

Quote from IskatuMesk
1 - Yes.

2 - Reverse engineering and custom code is the only way.

Thanks Iskatu,

I managed to solve 1 by replacing the dark templar with the tank.

Now, regarding 2... where do I start? where do I look?

Thanks

None.

Jan 13 2017, 5:03 pm IskatuMesk Post #4

Lord of the Locker Room

I have no clue, but Heinermann (who created BWAPI) might be able to tell you where to start. Of course, you'll need to have a firm grip on ASM and building plugins for Firegraft. Alternatively, if you are familiar with the languages supported by BWAPI you might be able to use that for single player somehow.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum