Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Carrie Fisher has died...
Carrie Fisher has died...
Dec 28 2016, 7:25 am
By: Enkidu  

Dec 28 2016, 7:25 am Enkidu Post #1

Executor

I just got news very recently that Carrie Fisher has died today... :-(

Carrie Fisher will live on for a long time in my heart and in the hearts of her fans as well... In case you don't know who she is:

Carrie Frances Fisher was an American actress, writer, producer, and humorist. She was the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress Debbie Reynolds. Fisher was known for playing Princess Leia in the Star Wars film series. Her other film roles included Shampoo, The Blues Brothers, Hannah and Her Sisters, The 'Burbs, and When Harry Met Sally...

Fisher was also known for her semi-autobiographical novels, including Postcards from the Edge and the screenplay for the film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and its nonfiction book, Wishful Drinking, based on the show. She additionally served as a script doctor, working on other writers' screenplays. In later years, she earned praise for speaking publicly about her experiences with mental health and drug addiction.

Fisher died at the age of 60 on December 27, 2016, after going into cardiac arrest during a transatlantic flight four days earlier. On December 23, 2016, she went into cardiac arrest while on a flight from London to Los Angeles; a fellow actor seated near Fisher reported that she had stopped breathing. A passenger performed CPR on Fisher until paramedics arrived. After being taken to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center by ambulance, she was placed on a ventilator.

Fisher died at age 60 on December 27, 2016, at 8:55 a.m. in Los Angeles. Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, confirmed the actress's death in a statement given to the press shortly afterward by family spokesperson, Simon Halls. Fisher was survived by her daughter, her mother Debbie Reynolds, her brother Todd Fisher and her half-sisters Joely Fisher and Tricia Leigh Fisher.

In her book, Wishful Drinking, Fisher wrote about her eventual obituary: "I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra." Several obituaries and retrospectives featured the quote.

I just got this news today and I was shocked when I heard about it. Are you guys at least going to miss her now that she's gone?

Dec 28 2016, 12:34 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from SD Rules
A new topic should provide a solid foundation for discussion. A substantial claim or argument relevant to your topic must be provided. [...] Simple opinions, news updates, [...] , etc., are not acceptable as new topics.

Dec 28 2016, 1:38 pm Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

First Spock then Princess Leia. :( RIP.

Also yeah this will probably get moved to Null.

Dec 29 2016, 12:06 am Corbo Post #4

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Yeah, she died and yes, I can believe it, people usually... die.

That is the arguement here, in this discussion, isn't it? That you cannot believe she is dead.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2016, 2:24 am by Excalibur.

fuck you all

Dec 29 2016, 12:51 am MasterJohnny Post #5

This is probably a good time to educate yourself on the signs of a heart attack...

Watch out for chest pain, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_infarction#Signs_and_symptoms

Quit smoking and get daily exercise.

I am a Mathematician

Dec 29 2016, 2:25 am Lanthanide Post #6

Now her mum is dead too.

Personally I don't know why everyone thinks Carrie Fisher was such an amazing actress.

As far as being a role model goes though, she's reasonable.

None.

Dec 29 2016, 3:21 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Lanthanide
Personally I don't know why everyone thinks Carrie Fisher was such an amazing actress.
In the original trilogy she was a good fit for her role. She had spirit and was pretty badass despite her apparent frailness.

In Epidsode 7 not so much. She was supposed to be a leader of the rebellion but the acting was horribly dull. To the point I couldn't even enjoy it as a fan-service.

Dec 29 2016, 3:33 pm Enkidu Post #8

Executor

Yeah, I am sorry this did not publish in the right forum... I probably should've done that from the beginning. Anyway, I already heard about her mother, who died yesterday and I was surprised when I was told. BTW, I don't smoke.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2016, 3:34 pm by Enkidu. Reason: Grammatical Error

Dec 30 2016, 6:42 am Lanthanide Post #9

Quote from Enkidu
BTW, I don't smoke.
I don't smoke either.

Who else here doesn't smoke?

None.

Dec 30 2016, 7:09 am NudeRaider Post #10

I'm a hardcore non-smoker - as hardcore as it gets. I can't even fully enjoy Shishas and I can completely forget about hitting blunts.

Dec 30 2016, 1:25 pm Oh_Man Post #11

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I too am part of the prestigious non-smokers club.

Options
  Back to forum