Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Installation Turbo-Autism
Installation Turbo-Autism
Sep 11 2016, 10:14 pm
By: TF-  

Sep 11 2016, 10:14 pm TF- Post #1

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

I started making some new blends for a small update to Eternal Death and ended up with way more than that map could ever handle, while I'm musing about a potential sequel let's have a look at this garbo:

Autism
Progress: 40%

Just a little warmup. Bottom-left is walkable, bottom-right is a prison.

Autism
Progress: 60%

By now it's pretty obvious that you can make the rails go in any direction without much blockiness.

Autism
Progress: 89%

I warned you..

Autism
Progress: 95%

Doors Co. (top left) and TonyTech Automatics (bottom right) go toe to toe. Don't click this.

Autism
Progress: 75%

Vertical lines make blocks not look like blocks, there's no pathing or visibility issues.

Autism
Progress: 100%

äääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

I'll end this with some simple utility stuff I haven't seen in any Installation palette/doodads maps even though all it takes is a little tileset indexing, normally impossible subdivisions of substructure panels/plating on the left and a roof with unwalkable floor on all sides to the right, it doesn't seem there's enough tiles to leave the floor area completely unpathable but this is still close enough, the idea was to be able to block off the NE floor path that always gets placed along with Roof tiles without some kind of artificial barrier.
It seems not a lot of people have really gone crazy with indexed tiles and so on for this tileset, perhaps Installation is worth another look...?

Ungoche :fear:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 11 2016, 10:33 pm by TF-.

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Sep 12 2016, 1:44 am Pr0nogo Post #2

As an autist, I approve.

hahaha ya got me with that one, I will probably have to make something retarded with this

Sep 12 2016, 8:27 am TF- Post #3

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Quote from Pr0nogo
As an autist, I approve.

hahaha ya got me with that one, I will probably have to make something retarded with this
It's pretty funny to get units trapped in that thing as the pathing doesn't know wtf, also definitely want to see more Installation maps around.

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Sep 15 2016, 1:07 am Oh_Man Post #4

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Very nice. It's rare to see extended terrain from this tileset.

Eternal Death was pretty fun. Looking forward to a sequel!

Sep 15 2016, 8:58 am Stranger Post #5

It does look nice. Thank you for sharing :)

None.

Sep 15 2016, 11:16 am TF- Post #6

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Quote from Oh_Man
Very nice. It's rare to see extended terrain from this tileset.

Eternal Death was pretty fun. Looking forward to a sequel!

Cool, man, I enjoyed watching your LP. Hopefully I'll manage to get the sequel out since I plan on basically reusing as much as possible from the original map while adding new terrain and more systems.

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Sep 15 2016, 1:37 pm noobscrub Post #7

----------

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 20 2023, 11:49 am by noobscrub.

None.

Sep 15 2016, 10:58 pm TF- Post #8

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Thanks for the nice words fellas, here's some new blends + THE MAP :teehee:

Attachments:
InstallationBlendsTF.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 56.03kb

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Sep 19 2016, 3:13 am Oh_Man Post #9

It's a shame I lost all those LPs when Twitch changed its archival policy.

I think future LPs I will have to do on Youtube from now on.

Sep 20 2016, 2:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #10

You beautiful bastard.

Dec 18 2016, 6:26 pm TF- Post #11

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Dec 22 2016, 1:03 am Sie_Sayoka Post #12

Very interesting stuff, good job. I especially like the substructure towers you made. One of the limitations with them is that because bottomless pits only have a single angle it makes them look flat. You can circumvent them by using other tiles to add that extra surface. Here I used a substructure>floor wall.

None.

Dec 22 2016, 1:21 am jjf28 Post #13

Cartography Artisan

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
Very interesting stuff, good job. I especially like the substructure towers you made. One of the limitations with them is that because bottomless pits only have a single angle it makes them look flat. You can circumvent them by using other tiles to add that extra surface. Here I used a substructure>floor wall.

Where's the droll emoteicon? I coulda sworn we had one...

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Dec 22 2016, 1:21 am jjf28 Post #14

Cartography Artisan

Quote from Sie_Sayoka

Dec 22 2016, 1:21 am jjf28 Post #15

Cartography Artisan

Quote from Sie_Sayoka

Dec 22 2016, 2:43 am Sie_Sayoka Post #16

What?

None.

Dec 22 2016, 3:07 am Oh_Man Post #17

*whistles* Now that is a nice blend.

Dec 22 2016, 3:24 am lil-Inferno Post #18

Just here for the pie

Quote from Sie_Sayoka

Holy shit.

Dec 22 2016, 3:58 am jjf28 Post #19

Cartography Artisan

drool* ahh when typos double post

Dec 22 2016, 6:33 am NudeRaider Post #20

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from jjf28
Quote from Sie_Sayoka

:drool:

Options
  Back to forum