Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Creating a System Shock (2) like map
Creating a System Shock (2) like map
Sep 2 2007, 4:56 pm
By: Daedalus  

Sep 8 2007, 11:40 pm Falkoner Post #21

Yes, I meant a better method than vHP, but if you want to increase attack speed and other things you'll need to add a Dark Swarm gunner system, a vHP for that gunner, maybe you could make it slower or faster by moving units under it.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 9:02 am Daedalus Post #22

Yeah, the Dark Swarm gunner system is a masterpiece :). Still I am trying to create a new one (after I'm done/bored with the whole computer and hacking thing) which doesn't kill units in 1 hit and then cycle them to another player, nor is restricted to just one unit (Defiler). Sigh... to bad that are just wishes and the last time I worked on it I got stuck half way :P.

None.

Sep 11 2007, 8:21 pm Daedalus Post #23

Do you like how this looks?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 11 2007, 8:27 pm by Daedalus. Reason: Better picture

None.

Sep 11 2007, 9:53 pm Falkoner Post #24

Looks fine but.. Does it do anything? :???:

None.

Sep 12 2007, 6:21 pm Daedalus Post #25

Yeah it actually does ^^. With 1 click you can access any of these maps and continue browsing in those maps, or read text files or email, etc. One more click and you go one map back, or log out. In the picture you can see a sketch of your personal laptop which you will carry around at any times. When you are logged into an other, 'real' computer you will be able to active your laptop as well and be able to - for example - transfer files, plant a virus or try to hack yourself into the computers mainframe so you can do neat stuff like reading deleted logs, disabling nearby turrets or cameras, etc.
And everything has a nice GUI like the one in the picture; every single step just takes 1 action to do (so not: select unit C, walk to beacon A and kill unit B) making it a fast and easy to use system.

Hehe, I'm getting excited only be talking about it. Maybe if you are interested I can quickly copy/past already working scripts into a very short demo?

None.

Options
  Back to forum