Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Pyramid Escape II
Pyramid Escape II
Aug 7 2016, 2:53 pm
By: Stranger  

Aug 7 2016, 2:53 pm Stranger Post #1

Pyramid Escape II

While working on new maps, I just thought of some of my old maps which are good enough to share. So here's my second Pyramid Escape.

Specifics

Type of map: Puzzle / Adventure / Escape / Mini games
Tileset: Desert
Map size: 128x128
Players: 1-6
Play time : 10-15 minutes
File Size: 311 Kb

Map Description

Behold the Second Pyramid Escape where challenges are more deadly from before. You will need to complete them all in order to escape.

Story

A group of explorers gets trapped inside a deadly pyramid. Their only chance is to go through a number of deadly traps disguised as challenges.

Gameplay

This is a remake from the original Warcraft 3 Pyramid Escape.
It's a map where team play is important although you can also play and win alone. Each time, players will have to choose which challenge the team will go through and beat a mini-game, until they win them all, regardless the order. The team loses if they fail to complete a challenge, however dead players are revived if the team wins the current challenge. One player achieving a challenge is enough to make the team win.

Features

4 challenges :

- Beetle Rampage : The team (SCVs) will have to run away non-stop from a giant rampaging beetle (fast ultralisk) until one of them reaches the exit. Spiders (neutral zerglings) will try to slow them down on the way by trying to make walls or by patroling in tiny spots. Finally, players will have to avoid spider webs (white zerg beacons) as well as deadly falling rocks (splash damage from invisible siege tanks shooting at immortal invisible targets). Quite a tough one.

- Quicksand Pit : In the middle of a huge quicksand pit, players (zerglings) will need to cross a tight maze-like platform with several possible paths leading all to the exit. Players will die as soon as they touch the sand and will also have to avoid patroling sand worms (hydras) which will only attack on contact. There is a timer set for this challenge.

- Undead Siege : It's a siege where players (zealots) will fight for the light army and help it take over the udead army. It's a DOTA-like mini game where units spawn every few seconds and goes on until one of both side Altars is destroyed or until time runs out. There will be one undead hero per player as well. Enemy altar's HP as well as the timer will depend on the number of players.

- Halls of the undead : In this challenge, explorers (SCVs) will have to cross the dark infested mummy halls (low visibility) and bring back a crystal before the time runs out and without getting lost or killed. Patroling invisible mummies (DTs) will 2 shot them if they don't avoid them carefully. There are 2 crystals to pick, but bringing back one of them is enough.

- There is a final challenge in which players will have to give all they have and fight their way out of the pyramid.

2) Kick system

3) A truly challenging and intense game

4) Excellent AI acting for enemy units and traps, and perfect timings.
(Probably the best feature of this map, even though it was made with almost no skill (no hypers). It was requested by korean community on their Fish server.)

Screenshots

Beetle Rampage 1

Beetle Rampage 2

Beetle Rampage 3

Dark Halls 1

Dark Halls 2

Dark Halls 3

Dark Halls 4

Quicksand 1

Quicksand 2

Siege 1

Siege 2

Final words

Probably one of my oldest, simplest and best maps.

Enjoy !

Download:

Download on SEN

Download on MediaFire

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 6 2017, 3:00 pm by Stranger.

None.

Aug 8 2016, 1:57 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I remember Pyramid Escape from the good Custom Map days of Warcraft III. It's too bad some of the challenges can't be replicated perfectly in SC due to the limitations of the editor, but it's nice to see the map ported over regardless.

Aug 9 2016, 4:42 pm Stranger Post #3

Yes.
Because of that, back then, I was planning to make several maps with as many challenges as I could put in each. That's the reason I called this one "2".

I might make another thread for my Pyramid Escape 1 as well where you could play the Tower defense, Magic Defense, Crypt plunderer and Spike traps challenges.

And if you give this one a try, say if you liked it ^^

None.

Options
  Back to forum