Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Accessing spell effects
Accessing spell effects
Jul 28 2016, 7:35 am
By: Zoko-TkZ  

Jul 28 2016, 7:35 am Zoko-TkZ Post #1

This may be a trivial question but I've been scouring around the forums for a while without any luck. I'm using Datedit to mod and I want to change certain spell properties. I notice that the property which determines the spell effect of projectile spells in Datedit is the explosion property in the weapons tab. What would I need to do to access this property?

For example, I would like to access the explosion properties for the spell Ensnare. I would like to change the spell duration time and the amount by which a unit's speed is decreased. Is this possible to do, and if so how would I be able to change those properties?

None.

Jul 28 2016, 8:52 am Pr0nogo Post #2

I don't think properties like those are actually editable using DatEdit. Try using a FireGraft .exe edit. If it's not listed there, it's possible that you'll need to mess with it via a plugin.

Jul 28 2016, 5:16 pm Corbo Post #3

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Maybe there's some FG edits for it that I don't recall at the moment, otherwise it's very doable via plug-in.

fuck you all

Jul 28 2016, 9:28 pm Zoko-TkZ Post #4

Some properties are accessible in Firegraft, but not others. Which plug-ins are you referring to specifically?

Edit: All good I found Corbo's topic after searching for a while.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 29 2016, 8:08 pm by Zoko-TkZ.

None.

Options
  Back to forum