Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Iscript Extender
Iscript Extender
Jul 6 2016, 4:07 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]  

Jul 6 2016, 4:07 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #1

👻 👾 👽 💪

I decided to take a break from DatExtender and make the IsExtender that was discussed. :P

Basically, it just loads more iscript.bin files. The default iscript.bin is loaded like normal, then the plugin loads scripts\iscript001.bin, then scripts\iscript002.bin, all the way up to scripts\iscript255.bin (or until one is not found). The high byte of the flags property in the imagenode struct appears to be unused, so which iscript.bin is used by that image is stored there.

When searching for IsIds, SC will first look in the default iscript.bin, then iscript001.bin, then iscript002.bin, etc. until either the ID is found or it runs out of files to look in. This means that IsIds must be unique across all files. All IDs from 412 to 65534 are unused by the default iscript.bin and thus available for use. Note that IsId 65535 is used by SC to indicate the end of the list, and cannot be used.

There is no configuration or anything, just add the plugin and if it finds iscript001.bin it will load & use it.

Included is a quick demo with a fun mineral animation in iscript001.bin just to show it working. :P

Try it out and please report any bugs or suggestions. One thing I considered (but was too lazy to actually do) was to define the additional iscript names in scripts\iscript.lst instead of just using a number. If that sounds good, maybe I will do it. :P

EDIT:
Also if there's any need for version support, I could probably easily throw together some stuff for any versions people think might be useful.

Attachments:
isextend demo.7z
Hits: 2 Size: 121.82kb
isextend.qdp
Hits: 3 Size: 28kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2016, 7:04 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 6 2016, 11:32 pm poiuy_qwert Post #2

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Very nice job! I hope this draws Iskatu back to make more iscript busting mods!

Nov 12 2016, 3:46 pm IskatuMesk Post #3

Lord of the Locker Room

It's cool someone finally got this kind of thing to work.

I don't see myself modding something like sc1 again, though.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum