Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: StarCraft: Insurrection (REDACTED)
StarCraft: Insurrection (REDACTED)
May 10 2016, 4:39 pm
By: Enkidu  

May 10 2016, 4:39 pm Enkidu Post #1

Executor

I know this may not be a good idea but I wanted to showcase an extensively edited version of Insurrection I did myself. It has most of it's gameplay changed, triggers work better and there are even some boss fights I put into the game myself. I know it was made by Aztech New Media and I guess technically, it is copyrighted, but I didn't have any other ideas and I hope I don't get banned for good for uploading this, I was just trying to make something good out of something seemingly bad.

I also changed around a few briefing portraits of the game (because of personal preferences too) for setting the mood of the mission briefing. I hope everything goes well and I wouldn't mind if you guys share some criticism in the comments.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 11 2016, 2:17 am by Enkidu. Reason: File doesn't work.

May 10 2016, 5:17 pm Clokr_ Post #2

Just a tip: the .scm or .scx map file is already compressed and you probably gain nothing by zipping it. Also if you upload the .scm / .scx file directly the map database will create a picture for your map automatically.

Also the .zip seems (again) to be corrupted. I cannot open it after downloading.

?????

May 11 2016, 2:09 am Enkidu Post #3

Executor

Thank you for telling me and Sorry, but the file is literally dead. I don't know why, this has never happened to me before so I'll go check it out. I was just now notified that the file is corrupted and that it doesn't work. I am still making Insurrection, but since I have problems with this version right now and I made some mistakes along the way, I am going to have to go with my other project. I am sincerely sorry for this.

The files I uploaded are dead and are gonna have to be replace, which means I have to put Insurrection back on the back burner. I don't know what else to do at the moment. I have another project that was completed... I was hoping to wait until after a few weeks to release it, but I need to test my theory out. if something's wrong, then I'll need some serious troubleshooting.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 11 2016, 2:11 am by Enkidu. Reason: Grammar

May 11 2016, 4:26 am Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Is the file corrupted in the DLDB? You can always upload the zip to some file sharing website and link it here.

May 12 2016, 2:29 am Enkidu Post #5

Executor

Quote from Dem0n
Is the file corrupted in the DLDB? You can always upload the zip to some file sharing website and link it here.

Yes they are and there's nothing I can do from here to fix them. I am sorry and I got Roy to delete the file that was corrupted. Something went wrong during transfer of the files I guess.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 12 2016, 2:32 am by Enkidu. Reason: Correction

May 17 2016, 7:40 pm Rawflesh0615 Post #6

Are you going to solve some problems?

None.

Options
  Back to forum