Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Datedit: Splash attack on each attack.
Datedit: Splash attack on each attack.
Apr 25 2016, 2:01 am
By: ZergPandaling  

Apr 25 2016, 2:01 am ZergPandaling Post #1

I modified it but Broodlings, Zerglings, Ultralisks and Kerrigan can't splash attack as I put it to Splash Attack (Enemy) as I tried it.

None.

Apr 25 2016, 6:47 pm UndeadStar Post #2

Try changing in weapons tab the Graphics value to the same as the nuke (which is 172).

My logic is that splash damage need a bullet, a bullet need a flingy, and the flingy should be created through this option.

It's supposed to be invisible (I see "White Circle (Invisible)" as the label), so it may work without interfering in gameplay.

Make sure you've set the outer radius (targets for splash damage are searched within it).

That's what I can think of from the functions I've studied recently.Not tested.

edit: my bad.I think attackmelee (the attack command used in iscript for the units you mentioned) use a different logic with no use at all for bullets, so what I said probably would not have worked.
Make me think I will have to hook the corresponding function in GPTP to be more complete on my weapon hits hook.

Maybe somebody more used to iscript mods will be able to help you to change this "attackmelee" by something else, if that can fix the issue?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 30 2016, 12:25 pm by UndeadStar.

Dec 11 2016, 11:35 am Sirius Post #3

I also want to know how to make melee units can do splash sttack...Modifying in DatEdit don't works.

None.

Dec 12 2016, 8:18 pm IskatuMesk Post #4

Lord of the Locker Room

Change the iscript to instead be either a standard attack or useweapon with the relevant id. As LivingMoon described, the attackmelee function doesn't actually spawn a projectile afaik it's more like a hitscan, so it won't function with splash. Use a hidden graphic (making one if necessary) so you don't see an actual projectile and then set the splash accordingly.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum