Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: StarCraft: Retribution
StarCraft: Retribution
Mar 22 2016, 5:20 pm
By: Enkidu  

Mar 22 2016, 5:20 pm Enkidu Post #1

Executor

Has anybody ever figured out what happened to the disk of the Retribution campaign. I have looked tirelessly for them, but was never able to find a copy of the campaign.

What I do know is that it is an authorized expansion pack to StarCraft: Brood War, published in 1998 by WizardWorks Software, independently from Blizzard Entertainment, and authorized by Blizzard as an expansion pack. Retribution works within the limits of the original StarCraft game engine, and does not add any explicitly new content to the game, although it does contain over 120 new multiplayer maps, and a large single-player campaign.

Retribution supposedly contains new single player missions in the form of plot-centered campaigns for each of the 3 races (protoss, terran and zerg). Several new heroes were also added to the game, complete with custom voice-acting. Like in the original StarCraft, these heroes are only accessible during certain single-player missions. Also included is new music and sound effects to further enhance the single-player experience.

An ancient artifact called the Argus Stone has been found on the terran world of Aridas. All three races converge upon the planet in order to acquire the artifact, as it is believed that whoever controls the stone will be able to control the universe.

The campaign is set after the creation of the Terran Dominion but before the death of the first Overmind, so I think that would be around the time of Episode 2 of the original StarCraft.

Does anybody know what happened to it? I figured it was just lost to the internet since its popularity never went far, but it seemed very interesting to me... Well, at least more interesting than StarCraft: Insurrection and I have a copy of that, at the very least.

Mar 22 2016, 8:46 pm Voyager7456 Post #2

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

I have a copy of it. PM me and we can work something out.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Mar 23 2016, 5:48 am Enkidu Post #3

Executor

Quote from Voyager7456

Wait, Seriously!? HOW!? :0_0:

Mar 23 2016, 12:03 pm Voyager7456 Post #4

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Enkidu
Quote from Voyager7456

Wait, Seriously!? HOW!? :0_0:

Compulsive hoarding and a large NAS.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Mar 24 2016, 1:32 am Enkidu Post #5

Executor

I am not sure what you mean by a "NAS" per se, but I thank you for the file. Although there is one problem... I can't open the file because it is kinda blocking me with the 7z extension and I don't know what program opens it. Can you tell me what program opens a 7z archive extension?

Mar 24 2016, 1:50 am lil-Inferno Post #6

Just here for the pie

Quote from Enkidu
I am not sure what you mean by a "NAS" per se, but I thank you for the file. Although there is one problem... I can't open the file because it is kinda blocking me with the 7z extension and I don't know what program opens it. Can you tell me what program opens a 7z archive extension?
WinRAR and 7-Zip will both open it. I recommend the latter over the former.

Mar 24 2016, 4:48 am Enkidu Post #7

Executor

Thank you, Lil Inferno.

Mar 28 2016, 11:32 am JCarrill0 Post #8

I have both retribution and Insurrection, They are no longer disk copies but I keep them via ZIP

May 26 2016, 4:47 am noobscrub Post #9

----------

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 20 2023, 11:45 am by noobscrub.

None.

Options
  Back to forum