Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Unused Upgrade 55 - wrong resource cost
Unused Upgrade 55 - wrong resource cost
Nov 28 2015, 9:23 pm
By: Eisetley  

Nov 28 2015, 9:23 pm Eisetley Post #1

I've been modding scbw for some time, but I had only used typical tools like firegraft and datedit, until now. Even though I'm not a C++ programmer I decided to give GPTP a try and maybe figure how to do some stuff by trial and error and the famous ctrlc ctrlv method. I recreated Hardened Shields from SC2 using the tutorial on GPTP, even managed to make it as researchable upgrade. It works perfectly except for one thing. The minerals/gas cost is set to 200/200 and for some reason game displays it as 356/100. When I click to research it, it takes 200 minerals and gas :| . How to fix this?

None.

Nov 28 2015, 10:20 pm Neiv Post #2

You should upload the actual mod which has this issue, otherwise it is really hard to say anything other than "something is wrong somewhere".

None.

Nov 28 2015, 10:36 pm Sand Wraith Post #3

she/her

It looks to me like a stat_txt.tbl file issue (or whatever the name of the file is).

Go to your upgrade tbl entry and double check that the first "<#>" corresponds correctly to the string type that is intended.

Unit upgrading, morphing, researching, upgrading, spell casting, etc. are of different "types" that are differentiated by Starcraft using a special "<#>" substring. (You can see the correct numbers in the legend that TBLEdit or PyTBL presents.)

Anyway, I recommend looking at the strings for some other upgrades and double-checking that the "type" of your string corresponds to the pattern of the other upgrades (that do display correctly).

Additionally: if your upgrade in upgrades.dat has a "356" in there somewhere, this string type error I have described above is /extremely/ suspect, as it is likely that SCBW is parsing the data in the upgrades.dat entry as if it were another format, thus producing the incorrect string display in-game. In fact, in my experience, TBL string errors can cause crashes and other errors as well, probably due to SCBW parsing data in an unintended way.

Nov 29 2015, 2:10 pm Eisetley Post #4

Thanks, that was it (<4> instead of <2>).

None.

Feb 21 2016, 11:13 pm SCRuler Post #5

How did you make hardened shields?

None.

Feb 21 2016, 11:43 pm KYSXD Post #6

Maybe like this:

GPTP tutorial

Feb 21 2016, 11:52 pm SCRuler Post #7

I'll have to remember that when I have the patience to attempt gptp

None.

Options
  Back to forum