Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: dEUP Calc
dEUP Calc
Nov 16 2015, 7:27 pm
By: jjf28  

Nov 16 2015, 7:27 pm jjf28 Post #1

Cartography Artisan

Download Latest

It was taxing to calculate all this by hand, so here's a calculator ;)

Screen Shots

README

Download Latest

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Nov 16 2015, 8:06 pm CecilSunkure Post #2

COOL MORE TOOLS

thanks for the contribution jj :)

Would it be possible to record a video for youtube of using the program to make something, then place it into a small demo map? Seeing the whole process would be really nice.

None.

Nov 16 2015, 10:10 pm jjf28 Post #3

Cartography Artisan

Quick Guide to Creating a map with dEUPs (videos: dEUP Byte Set dEUP Crawl):

Step 1: Download the following programs: dEUP Calc, UnitViewer, SCMDraft, ScQuickLaunch (recommended), as well as the dEUP Template Map

Step 2: Find the address you wish to alter, if in the unit table I recommend using Unit Viewer, for finding other addresses use the EUDDB, ask SEN, or find them yourself (see Roy's EUD Guide for details).

Step 3: Assess feasibility of what you want to do, at this point you should plug your address into dEUP Calc.

dEUPs provide two basic operations...

Crawl: +1/-1 to 4 byte values.
Byte Set: Sets a specific byte to a value between 0 and 11.

- Crawl has range restrictions, roughly it can be used on 0x00582324 - 0x006093B0 (ends partway through the unit table, roughly indexes 380-1699 (and index 0) can be edited, indexes 1-379 cannot).
- Addresses for values you use Crawl on must be divisible by 4.
- Crawl has side effects, incrementing/decrementing more addresses than just your target address (dEUP Calc will detail these for a given setup, you will have many options for a given target, very likely that a harmless one will be present).
- Byte Set can be used on any address, but it has restrictions on nearby values...
- With Byte Set, the 4th bit (0x8) of your Target Address+4 must not be set (must be 0, dEUP Calc will give the address).
- With Byte Set, the 4 byte value at Target Address+18 must be 0 (dEUP Calc will give the address).

If what you want to do can be accomplished with some combination of these two operations and you found a decent setup with dEUP Calc, move to step 4, otherwise jump to step 7.

Step 4: Make the map!

For tests, create a copy of the dEUP template map, find one of the dEUP template triggers, replace the never condition with always, ensure the death-counters have the same values as dEUP Calc tells you to have, and give the command center to the player dEUP Calc tells you to give it too.

Swap out one of the map revealers for a unit if you are editing a unit. Verify the index of any unit you've placed using UnitViewer, adjust as necessary. You may also need to veryify the dEUP unit's indexes if you have have taken actions that could have altered them.

- Index 0 must be the comsat station connected to the command center.
- Index 1627 must be the carrier with 1 interceptor.
- Index 1646 must be the command center with the comsat station.
- Index 1648 must be UnitId:2547
- Index 1661 should be a map reveler or initially unused.

Step 5: Try the map, if it works, jump to step 8, otherwise move on to step 6.

Step 6: If using Crawl, adjust the side-player till you find a stable setup. If using Byte Set, you may be able to zero-out the bytes you need cleared (work backwards using Byte Set to change bytes to 0 from higher, 'Byte Settable' addresses) till you reach your address. If the map still doesn't work proceed to step 7.

Step 7: :crybaby:

Step 8: :wob:

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2015, 2:05 am by jjf28.

Dec 1 2015, 7:04 pm ClansAreForGays Post #4

I've been gone for a while. Are EUD-level actions a thing again?

Dec 1 2015, 7:38 pm jjf28 Post #5

Cartography Artisan

Not quite, you can do lotsa stuff but it's not EUD level (at least not without executable code which isn't being released), nor is it as easy as EUDs.

LAN Lat
Single Frame Hypers
Shield Ghosts
Scout-Archons

Options
  Back to forum