Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: SCR Help Redux
SCR Help Redux
Nov 1 2015, 4:09 am
By: SCRuler  

Nov 1 2015, 4:09 am SCRuler Post #1

Ok. I'm trying to replace the gauss rifle hit animation with the double proton blaster hit animation. But it keeps crashing. I'm not sure what's going on but I tried changing the iscript for the flingy. Didn't work yet. I'm not sure whats going on.
Including the MPQ and the FG.

Ok, I'm in the midst of restarting modding.
I will post questions now in the main OP.
I already have solved a few issues but I will continue asking questions.
How many unused sprites are available for me to change graphics for certain generic heroes so I can use them as mercenary/specialized breeds/elite troops?
Or will I have to be relegated to replacing critters?

Also, how risky is it gonna be to change the Science Vessel Base to the "Renegade sci vessel" base that is in Polaris' GRP compilation? or replace a critter graphic and replacing the iscript?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 3 2015, 5:15 am by SCRuler.

None.

Nov 1 2015, 4:22 am Pr0nogo Post #2

Are you simply trying to redirect the graphic? You can do that without replacing them. Simply go to the appropriate weapon ID in DatEdit and change the graphic to 'Dual Photon Blasters' (make sure it's set to Appear On Target).

Will look through your mod but I don't see why what you're attempting to do (assuming I haven't misconstrued it) should require any iscript or flingy changes whatsoever.

Nov 1 2015, 4:25 am SCRuler Post #3

I used to do that for when I was lazy, but made two: one red one to fit better for the mod in terms of the way the protoss are, and one blue one for the marines to have experimental Ion Rifles. That's what I'm trying to do.

None.

Nov 1 2015, 4:41 am Pr0nogo Post #4

Just for the record, the problem was in the iscript. It's been resolved.

Nov 1 2015, 2:46 pm SCRuler Post #5

Ok ,theres something wrong now for some reason.
I have just been editing and to my knowledge I haven't touched the hydralisk or it's attack but for some reason I go to make it attack and the whole thing crashes. it can move just fine but when it goes to attack, say a building, it crashes.
Again I'm sure I haven't touched a damn thing involving it so I dont know where to look.
Adding a new iteration of the mod file.

EDIT: I just looked to make sure and I mustve accidentally switched needle spines to fly and dont follow target.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 1 2015, 2:52 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Options
  Back to forum