Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: New Starcraft Campaign: Tales of Halcyon
New Starcraft Campaign: Tales of Halcyon
Oct 11 2015, 3:20 pm
By: Andrea Rosa  

Jan 8 2020, 1:40 am stalwart ghostess Post #21

Just finished playing this campaign. I expected it to be as good as Voices of the Swarm, and my expectations were fully met. Once again the balance was perfect. The 1st level had a few parts that seemed a bit too easy, however it got very challenging trying to reach the Cerebrate. The same goes for the 2nd level: you are tricked into thinking that it will be a walk in the park, however stealing the crystal won't be easy because the Protoss suddenly go berserk and you are basically cut off from reinforcements. In the 3rd level you are given limited control over a Zerg brood (and a well-known Zerg titan), which allows for multiple strategies... and then you play the wonderful 4th level, one of the best and most compelling defense maps ever made. The last two missions are a tour de force, and they hold several surprises that I won't spoil for you.

The heroes are well characterized without being stereotypical: Schezar is deceptive and arrogant but also shows a twisted sense of humor, Cavendish is pragmatic and compassionate (would you expect that from a Confederate?), Larsson has some similarities with Raynor, but my favorite is Krauzer: his competence, self-control, elusive past and loyalty really make for a cool character. Briefings and dialogues are meaningful and concise, so that you don't have to spend too much time reading overly long text, and the writing is quite good, despite English not being Andrea's native language.

As I expected, all maps have a beautiful terrain layout and well implemented victory conditions. Andrea has definitely nailed the SC feeling, and the story perfectly connects to Enslavers. Not only that, but the campaign also reflects the spirit of the highly factionalized Terrans: in the span of just six scenarios, you get to play as the humble Colonial Militia of Halcyon, then you team up with Schezar's Scavengers only to be exploited and backstabbed, and end up joining Delta Squadron for your ultimate revenge.

Great work Andrea, I really hope to see more from you in the future! :)

~~~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~~~

May 11 2020, 8:39 pm Andrea Rosa Post #22

Just a glitch in the Matrix

UPDATE

ALL MISSIONS

- The campaign has been rebranded as "Veteran Level"
- Auto-centering function for "End of Briefing" (mainly for those who have StarCraft Remastered).

MISSION 1 "DEUS EX MACHINA"

- New sound effect in mission briefing.
- New triggered attacks.

MISSION 2 "BAD MOON RISING"

- New triggered attacks.

MISSION 3 "UNNATURAL SELECTION"

- The available resources have been slightly increased.

MISSION 4 "THE STAND"

- Bunkers have +1 armor.
- The Player's starting amount of minerals has been reduced from 1600 to 1500.
- Minimal changes to the map.

MISSION 5 "TURNING THE TIDE"

- The cost of Nuclear Missiles has been cut in half (100 minerals, 100 gas). This change does not apply to the final mission.
- Marcus Jenkins' Hit Points have been increased from 180 to 250.

MISSION 6 "ORBITAL DELIRIUM"

- The "Thank You" text is now yellow colored

Level Design Workshop

''Go to hell'' is basic. ''I hope your favorite StarCraft character gets voiced by Pr0nogo'' is smart. It's possible. It's terrifying.

Apr 16 2024, 7:02 am eksxo Post #23

hi Andrea Rosa. Thank you so much for creating the Campaign Map.

My name is eksxo and I'm translating the campaign map into Korean.

This campaign map is too difficult and I would like to make an Easy version of the map for beginners.

I would like to ask your permission to modify the map.

If you don't give me permission, I won't modify the map.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Yesterday, 6:56 am by eksxo.

None.

Apr 16 2024, 9:56 pm Ultraviolet Post #24

Surprising to see a Korean saying the map is too hard :P Seems like Koreans are usually way ahead of the rest of us in terms of skill level.

Yesterday, 5:34 am eksxo Post #25

Not all Koreans are good at gaming.

None.

Yesterday, 6:54 pm Ultraviolet Post #26

Fair enough, sorry to stereotype. I always think of Koreans in general as gods of StarCraft.

Btw, it looks like Andrea Rosa hasn't been active on SEN since the end of January. You might get a faster response emailing him. I pulled his email from his website, it's: ilpinky@libero.it or you could try his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.rosa.kriegbringer

Today, 9:35 am eksxo Post #27

Okay, thanks for the answer. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum