Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Laptop Mic Not Working
Laptop Mic Not Working
Oct 2 2015, 11:00 pm
By: Dem0n  

Oct 2 2015, 11:00 pm Dem0n Post #1

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop, and the microphone randomly stopped working, and I don't know how to fix it. When I check my playback devices, this is what I get:

I don't know what "Mic in at front panel" is, and the regular mic doesn't do anything. When I try to configure it, it says, "The Wizard could not start. Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the Audio Devices and Sound Themes control panel." When I check Device Manager, there's nothing out of the ordinary, so I don't know what's wrong. I've reinstalled the drivers a bunch of times, and nothing on Google has helped, so I don't know how to fix it. Interestingly, this started happening like right after W10 officially launched, but I doubt that has anything to do with it (it was working fine during all the previous builds).

EDIT: Apparently some recent driver update that I had to download fixed the problem. Pretty stupid.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2015, 2:52 am by Dem0n.

Options
  Back to forum