Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Probe Picking up hallucinated vespene tank glitch
Probe Picking up hallucinated vespene tank glitch
Apr 27 2015, 11:49 pm
By: skygazer  

Apr 27 2015, 11:49 pm skygazer Post #1

Hello, long time sc/br player here. I don't remember any other starcraft/brood war communities except for staredit.net so I've come to ask for your help.
I'm specifically looking for information pertaining to the glitch involving gatherers(scv/drone/probe) and hallucinated vespene tank.
A simple rundown of what the procedure is:
1. use high templar to hallucinate some vespene tanks and get some probes to pick up the vespene tanks(leaving one to track when the hallucination wears off).
2. spawn multiples of same unit(I remember using UMS maps to spawn units as well).
3. Kill the probe holding the hallucinated vespene tank(after vespene tank hallucination duration is over).
4. The unit that you were spawning should appear in place of where the probe died.
5. Order a worker to run by the unit and it picks up a unit like a mineral and use attacks with it.

I remember a few such as top portion of the missle turret making the probe spin around, giant flashing blue square, reverse robotics bay, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had a master list of what spawned units coorelates to what unit will be grabbed by the gatherer(If I spawned 20 queens and in step 5 I "grab" the queen, it'll be a different unit and not a queen that's being grabbed by the gatherer).

If someone has a map that showcases this glitch, I would appreciate it if you can share that with me ^^

Thanks all for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

None.

Apr 28 2015, 12:48 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I don't believe we have a master list for the hallucinated resource glitch.

Here's a really old post describing the process with several examples:
Long Quote

According to a 2008 post, this should be the offset for figuring out what result you would get:
You must create the units AFTER the hallucination has run out on the powerups, then kill the worker in any way and it will drop the unit you created, pick up that unit and you will get whatever image ID is 177 higher than the unit ID dropped.

We have a list of unit IDs here: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/index.php/Unit#Unit_IDs
We don't have docs on images.dat on our wiki, but there appears to be one here: http://www.stormcoast-fortress.net/Spc/spc3b1.html

So to get the Missile Turret head image (Image ID 297), you'd create Terran Machine Shops (Unit ID 120), because 120 + 177 = 297.

Apr 28 2015, 2:29 am skygazer Post #3

Thanks very much. So in order for me to create a map, does it have to be in a similar fashion to EUD so that the Unit Index is preserved?

None.

Apr 28 2015, 12:52 pm Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

No, you have no interest in specific index IDs for this trick. All you need to ensure is that the unit created after the hallucination expires is the correct one.

In a game with units constantly or randomly being created, this can be an issue, but if you can reliably place the desired unit after the hallucination disappears, you can use this trick in any map.

Apr 28 2015, 4:17 pm skygazer Post #5

Thank you very much Roy! It's good to see people are still very knowledgeable about Starcraft nowadays.

None.

Options
  Back to forum