Hold Position
Mar 3 2015, 12:07 am
By: ranmakun  

Mar 3 2015, 12:07 am ranmakun Post #1

Hi!!
How to a unit (overlord ygdrasil) don't move?. with the triger order, only have atack, move and patrol. I want hold position. how i do??
Sorry for my bad english.. :stfu:

None.

Mar 3 2015, 12:14 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

You can't explicitly give that order. You can instead constantly order the Overlord to move to where it already is, which will prevent it from moving. Alternatively, you could give the unit to a neutral player, which won't respond to being attacked.

Mar 3 2015, 12:22 am ranmakun Post #3

thanks for the answer!! but i want the suply of the overlord. too when attack it will not move.

None.

Mar 3 2015, 12:29 am Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah just have a trigger that constantly moves it to a location. That way, it won't move, even when it's attacked.

Mar 3 2015, 1:22 am ranmakun Post #5

How?? i try and dont work... :stfu:

None.

Mar 3 2015, 1:51 am Azrael Post #6

Either with:

- Order all "Zerg Overlord" owned by "Current Player" at "Location 2": Move to "Location 2".

or

- Move all "Zerg Overlord" owned by "Current Player" at "Location 2" to "Location 2".

Mar 3 2015, 5:54 am ranmakun Post #7

don't work :(
its possible with EUDGEN 2??

None.

Mar 3 2015, 6:12 am Dem0n Post #8

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

You don't need EUDs to do this. If you want the Overlord to stay at Location 1, this is what your triggers should look like:

Triggername
Players

• Player 1
  • Conditions

• Always
  • Actions

• Issue order to all Zerg Overlord owned by Current Player at 'Location 1':move to 'Location 1'.
  • Preserve trigger.

• You might need hyper triggers to ensure that the Overlord doesn't move a little bit. If you don't know what those are, just add this trigger to a computer player that has no trigger with waits:

Triggername
    Players

• [Computer Player]
  • Conditions

• Always
  • Actions

• Wait for 0 milliseconds. (copy this trigger 62 times)
  • Preserve trigger.

• Copy that trigger 3 times so you have a total of 4 of them, and then put them all at the top of the trigger list. I've attached a map to show what I mean. Attack the Overlord with the Wraith, and watch as it never moves at all.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 3 2015, 4:02 pm by Dem0n.

Mar 3 2015, 6:40 am ranmakun Post #9

but this only works if the overlord is computer player. In my game the overlord is controlled for human player. is there another way??

None.

Mar 3 2015, 6:49 am ranmakun Post #10

i think it is impossible...
    I try other form!! topic closed!!! thanks!! :lol:

None.

Mar 3 2015, 3:23 pm Roy Post #11

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from ranmakun
    but this only works if the overlord is computer player. In my game the overlord is controlled for human player. is there another way??
    It works for both. Change the owner of the Overlord into a human or computer player in the example map. It still works.

Mar 3 2015, 4:20 pm Oh_Man Post #12

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

You could also try moving the overlord from its location to another location that is blocked by too many air units (like lifted terran buildings). That will freeze it as well.

Mar 3 2015, 4:55 pm Sacrieur Post #13

Still Napping

Quote from Oh_Man
    You could also try moving the overlord from its location to another location that is blocked by too many air units (like lifted terran buildings). That will freeze it as well.

Does this still allow the unit to drift when stacked on other air units?

None.

Mar 3 2015, 8:17 pm rockz Post #14

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Yes, moving a creature to a location off the map or in an unplaceable location will stop it from moving every other frame, but it will allow the unit to drift. If you've played Temple Siege, you know that certain units can move while stunned if you spam move. This is how it's accomplished.

It would be interesting if we could recreate the bug that prevents units from moving reliably. I'm not sure if Air units are affected though.

ranmakun, if you tell us why you are using overlords and why you want them on hold position, we may be able to come up with a better solution.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
      Back to forum