Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: 'Input Not Supported' scrawling across second monitor
'Input Not Supported' scrawling across second monitor
Feb 27 2015, 8:36 pm
By: Pr0nogo  

Feb 27 2015, 8:36 pm Pr0nogo Post #1

I have tried restarting the computer, updating the driver for the second monitor, changing the resolution, et. al.

Picture (from my shitty cellphone): http://i.imgur.com/Hs2AuxX.jpg

The monitor is listed as a 'Generic PnP Monitor' in device properties and 'R912E' in Screen Resolution. Brand is Rosewill. Looks a lot like this one.
Any ideas?

Feb 27 2015, 8:59 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

The driver has pretty much nothing to do with it. Make sure graphics drivers are updated and verify that the cable isn't the cause. Swap the cable on monitor 1 and monitor 2 if possible.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 27 2015, 9:01 pm jjf28 Post #3

Cartography Artisan

Generic 1st round advice: unplug everything, take out the graphics card, clean off/blow out any dust, reassemble.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Feb 27 2015, 9:03 pm Pr0nogo Post #4

I just swapped it out for a landscape monitor and it worked fine. Looks to me like that's a pretty standard issue with that monitor upon perusing the internet, so I'm not going to use it.

Options
  Back to forum