Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Final Stretch
Final Stretch
Feb 17 2015, 9:42 pm
By: SCRuler
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Mar 5 2015, 2:57 am Sand Wraith Post #81

she/her

Give your mod again and I will get it to work. EXE and MPQ.

Mar 5 2015, 3:10 am SCRuler Post #82

Agreed.
On a side note, I just finished my first scenario for the mod campaign. For a rough draft it seems to function.

None.

Mar 5 2015, 3:25 am SCRuler Post #83

Ok, here are the files. I managed to delete every other attachment set on my account.

None.

Mar 5 2015, 4:10 am Sand Wraith Post #84

she/her

Put a wait 125 in the Walking animation of your script, replacing setvertpos 0.
Delete the Firegraft files (Filegraft\* and Plugin\* files) inside your MPQ. Why are they here in the first place?...
In flingy.dat, given id 114, change its move control to flingy.dat control and change the flingy values to something reasonable. I thought I already recommended this a few times.
In the images.dat id 338, to which your flingy's sprite points, remove flag for "Graphic Turns"
In the images.dat id 339, set GRP file to 370 and remove flag for "Graphic Turns.

I also thought I recommended unchecking Graphic Turns previously, but I guess not.

Put in all of these changes. Remember to compile your script into the iscript.bin.
If it still doesn't work, try removing "Single Entity" from Kukulza Guardian in units.dat. I don't think this should matter though.

If it still doesn't work, I would just recommend restoring all of the *.dat and iscript.bin changes you've made while attempting to get your Zerg Capital Ship to work. I don't think you should be having as much trouble as you are getting your Zerg Overmind Cocoon to train a Kukulza Guardian and at this point I'm worried if something screwed up elsewhere that is causing SCBW to crash (corruption at any point, I'm not sure).

(EDIT: Sorry, I'm not in the mood to make it work presently, but after what tests I've done and looking at your MPQ, these should do it.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 5 2015, 4:32 am by Sand Wraith.

Mar 5 2015, 12:26 pm SCRuler Post #85

Much appreciated. I will implement them after my bio lab.

None.

Mar 5 2015, 4:24 pm SCRuler Post #86

IT WORKS! except I can't attack ground for some reason. I'll have to tweak it a little bit. Probably a simple reason. I will continue working dilligently.

None.

Mar 5 2015, 5:27 pm Sand Wraith Post #87

she/her

dohoho why am i a genius

Weapon 91, the ground weapon of your Kukulza G, does not have the Ground flag set.
The script looks good wrt attacking ground, and your max hits in units.dat is set properly to 1. I'm not sure either.

Mar 5 2015, 10:08 pm SCRuler Post #88

Quote from Sand Wraith
dohoho why am i a genius

Weapon 91, the ground weapon of your Kukulza G, does not have the Ground flag set.
The script looks good wrt attacking ground, and your max hits in units.dat is set properly to 1. I'm not sure either.
Yeah, I know, I fixed it. But the air attack isn't doing a damn thing at all. I had it set as "scourge" for the graphics. Now is that the "nothing" scourge? Because I didn't find any other scourge thing. I can't seem to use it as a missile.

None.

Mar 5 2015, 10:25 pm Sand Wraith Post #89

she/her

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to fire Scourge as if they are bullets?

If that is the case, you need to set aside a one of each: flingy, sprite, image, and iscript, and write a new bullet that uses the Scourge's GRP.

You cannot simply set a flingy that is normally used for a unit because it does not have the necessary opcodes to deal damage.

Mar 5 2015, 11:06 pm SCRuler Post #90

ok, so let me get this straight.
I take an unused flingy (say the plasma drip hit) and select the scourge bullet over it?
Then for image and sprite I do the same thing?
Or is there more to writing a new bullet?

None.

Mar 5 2015, 11:43 pm Sand Wraith Post #91

she/her

Not quite.

Here is what you should do: (I included variables instead of constants for increased abstraction and applicability.)

1) Have your weapon id W.
2) Set "Graphics" for W to a flingy id F (Plasma Drip works fine).
3) For F, set its move control to "Partially Mobile, Weapon" (it will accelerate but never decelerate -- unlike Flingy.dat control, which will accelerate and decelerate. IIRC this is the only difference. Choose whatever fits what you think would work).
4) Give F some values (maybe copy them from Scourge flingy).
5) F will point to a sprite id S. By default, Plasma Drip F has its own Plasma Drip S.
6) Make sure S is set to "Visible" (unless you don't want this).
7) S will point to an image id I. By default, Plasma Drip S has its own Plasma Drip I.
8) For I, set "Graphic Turns" on.
9) Set GRP file to 1 for Scourge. (Or, replace the Plasma Drip grp file with the Scourge grp file.)
10) Decompile iscript id A (Plasma Drip's iscript, which is id 255).
11) In iscript id A, follow typical script for a bullet. You can look at iscript id 235 for an example of what a bullet's script requires. (IIRC, bullets use "GndAttk" as its "walking" animation while it moves toward a target, Init animation as usual, and Death animation for when it lands, and will usually include a dodamage opcode.)

Mar 6 2015, 1:19 am SCRuler Post #92

Ok, so the scourges aren't flying. I followed your things as best I could. Im including the files to examine.

Attachments:
iscriptscourgemissile.txt
Hits: 3 Size: 1.23kb

None.

Mar 6 2015, 11:54 pm SCRuler Post #93

I have not got a clue as to where I went wrong.

None.

Mar 7 2015, 12:47 am Sand Wraith Post #94

she/her

Your script ID is 272 even though I told you to decompile script ID 255.
I'm going to guess you confused image ID 505 with 420. The first is "Plasma Drip Hit (Unused)" and the second is "Plasma Drip."
Double-check all of your links and make sure that they are all consistent.

If you can't select your unit, jump to its weapon, jump to the weapon's flingy, jump to the flingy's sprite, jump to the sprite's image, and jump to the image's script, and then back again, you are doing something wrong.

DatEdit is great because it will tell you both to what other item an item links, and what other items link to it.

EDIT:

I took my own advice and got this. It works exactly as intended, except that the Corrosive Acid effect doesn't seem to be applied (possibly due to a missing sigorder call unique to the Corrosive Acid bullet, or just hard-coded).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2015, 1:04 am by Sand Wraith.

Mar 7 2015, 1:04 am SCRuler Post #95

Ok, attempting to recheck.

None.

Mar 7 2015, 1:13 am SCRuler Post #96

so what do I select in the weapon dat?
You know what? If you could post your files so I could understand what you have done, I'd appreciate it. I'm best at examples, not so good at instruction.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2015, 1:25 am by SCRuler.

None.

Mar 7 2015, 1:32 am Sand Wraith Post #97

she/her

here

EDIT: okay here

Attachments:
Help_DevourerShootingScourge.zip
Hits: 1 Size: 595.65kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2015, 2:05 am by Sand Wraith.

Mar 7 2015, 1:37 am SCRuler Post #98

Ok, got it. Checking it out.

EDIT:
It works! Finally the heavy shit is done!
Now Entering Phase Two!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2015, 2:37 am by SCRuler.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum