Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Legacy of the Void announced!
Legacy of the Void announced!
Nov 8 2014, 2:12 am
By: Wing Zero  

Nov 13 2014, 7:16 pm Ahli Post #21

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

There was a arcade talk on BlizzCon with modders attending.

They talk about Blizzard's plans for 2015. They want to hire 1-2 developers that work on arcade and its features. Thus, I hope they come up with improvements. I assume listing what is bad in the current arcade and how a solution could look like would help them a lot.
Also, they want to create documentation and tutorials for the editor (with the help of the community).

The talk has a horrible audio quality, which is why I linked an unfinished comprehension of the talk on sc2mapster. But, if you care enough to listen to the talk, you can hear day9's mother saying my name (because I've helped them getting a grasp on how much work a documentation would be).

Nov 13 2014, 10:58 pm Lanthanide Post #22

It's pretty clear that Blizzard has some over-riding requirement for battle.net that is stomping on making the changes necessary to support a good arcade.

Remember, when SC2 launched, it didn't even have chat channels. They still don't have name-able games; my guess is they don't want trolling, spam and offensive game names, and that's the same reason they didn't have chat at launch.

It seems unlikely they're going to change this policy now, although they did dump the D3 auction house so I guess it's possible.

None.

Nov 30 2014, 4:37 pm Vrael Post #23

Just to give you guys a little bit of insight into why Blizzard now sucks at arcade and stuff, here's what I think is the real reason, and why it will not change:

When Blizzard started with Starcraft and such, it was small. Now it is a giant sprawling bureaucracy. So what used to be developer-driven features (like the simplistic chat channels of yesteryear), is now decided by some dumbass Business Development asshole or lawyer. These guys measure things in "dollars" and "probability of being sued" and such, and then force the actual software developers to do things in a shitty way that they don't want. But the developers are the lowest guys on the totem pole, and the bureaucracy is king, so the BD guys get their way and screw the software guys over (which screws over the players). So unless you have some "dollars" to change the BD guys' metrics, don't expect a change.

None.

Options
  Back to forum