Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: How do: Remove Gui Montag's Flame animation, scattered laser
How do: Remove Gui Montag's Flame animation, scattered laser
Oct 7 2014, 9:44 am
By: Arkane  

Oct 7 2014, 9:44 am Arkane Post #1

Poopies. Just Poopies.

Just what the title says.

I want to remove Gui's flame attack animation as I'm going to turn him into a unit that fires three Hellfire Missiles all at once. I know that its going to take some iscripting or something like that and I'm pretty much shite with it. I want it specifically for that unit while the rest of the normal firebats retain their usual flamethrower attack.

Another thing I want to do is to have a scattered laser attack for Hero Battlecruisers. Kind of like that Hero BC unit from "The Gallantry" It fires a volley of lasers at its target(s), scattered all around, with a hit animation of an arclite shock cannon. IF that's a bit complicated for my brain to handle, I'd rather have it do a the normal BC attack but with scattered lasers all around.

Let me reiterate that I'm completely poop on iscript so be easy on the instructions. I would prefer a bullet form instruction for this. ;~;

Sort of wish that the SCBW Modding Community was still active. </3

Oct 8 2014, 9:57 pm SCRuler Post #2

You have to check out gui montag's iscript. it directs the flame from there and if you dont edit the attack iscript entries properly it lags and might crash. I can give you mine. I changed my firebats to "messengers" that fire grenades.

Collapse Box

None.

Oct 9 2014, 4:51 am Sand Wraith Post #3

she/her

For your Firebat's attack animation, you would want to do something similar to the following:

Code
FirebatAttk:
wait 1
turncwise 4
attack
turnccwise 4
attack
turnccwise 4
attack
turncwise 4
wait 1
gotorepeatattk
goto FirebatIdle

The key idea to getting your Firebat to shoot three missiles at once in distinct directions is turning a bit, attacking, turning a bit, attacking, etc. and then turning back to face the original direction (mostly so that the animation doesn't look wonky). That is, turn and attack several times and then resetting your Firebat's direction. You may include waits in between each turn-attack pair but note that this will cause the in-game appearance to look as if the Firebat is firing the missiles sequentially instead of only once.

---

The second portion of your problem involves having a distinct Firebat script. To do this, you need to get your Gui Montag unit ID to use a distinct flingy-sprite-image combination (I forgot the exact dependency order, but you can find out pretty easily if you're using DatEdit or PyDAT). The key change to make here would be setting Gui's unique image.dat entry to use a totally unused iscript ID (which I will call x).

You will then have to create a new script for your Gui Montag. You can just copy/paste the Firebat's script, and then replace all occurrences of "Firebat" with "GuiMontag" (or something). Then, modify "IsId 69" to read "IsId x", and, finally, apply your attack script changes to the new and unique GuiMontag script.

---

Your third problem involving the BC firing a shotgun blast or sequential set of lasers is the easiest one here. Something like this will do:

Code
BCAttack:
wait 1
attack
attack
attack
attack
attack # etc.
wait 1

You can also insert some waits in between each attack if you want a machine-gun like effect (or whatever you want).

Options
  Back to forum