Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Project Titan Is Cancelled
Project Titan Is Cancelled
Sep 24 2014, 11:05 am
By: Oh_Man  

Sep 24 2014, 11:05 am Oh_Man Post #1

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Blizzard has officially cancelled development on its mysterious next-generation massively multiplayer game Titan. The company confirmed the news to Polygon in a recent interview.

This revelation comes after at least seven years in development and word last year that the developer was going back to the drawing board to reevaluate the project.

Speaking to Polygon, Blizzard co-founder and CEO Mike Morhaime reiterated that the company has technically never officially announced Titan, though it hasn't been shy to talk about the game over the past seven years. "We had created World of Warcraft, and we felt really confident that we knew how to make MMOs," Morhaime said. "So we set out to make the most ambitious thing that you could possibly imagine. And it didn't come together.

"We didn't find the fun," Morhaime continued. "We didn't find the passion. We talked about how we put it through a reevaluation period, and actually, what we reevaluated is whether that's the game we really wanted to be making. The answer is no."
Read More

Everything we knew about Blizzard's cancelled MMO, Titan
And it's not very much.

Blizzard just canceled Titan, the company's mysterious never-quite-fully-announced massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

The game's seven-year development cycle, kept secretive for the most part, was filled with teases and overturns, reboots and long periods of silence. And as of today, it looks like that silence may be permanent. The last we heard of the MMO, the team was whittled down to 30 people who were redesigning the entire project from scratch. But how did it get here?
Read More

Oct 30 2014, 3:49 pm Sand Wraith Post #2

she/her

So really there is not much information of interest at all. Wonderful.

Options
  Back to forum