Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Making a game with Apple's Swift
Making a game with Apple's Swift
Sep 19 2014, 12:00 am
By: luzz  

Sep 19 2014, 12:00 am luzz Post #1

Hiya guys! Luzz here, probably don't remember me (I helped and am currently still making TS2), but I just wanted to ask if anyone would like to make a game for the iPhone with me using Swift, Apple's new programming language. After seeing the keynote on the new language I really wanted to try it out, and I know that getting into Apple is a little bit expensive... but I should be able to pay for it. I just really want to make a simple sidescroller game, most likely with zombies that you shoot, with a simple story for the iPhone.

Basically I need an artist. I am confident I can learn the language and program a game, my problem is that I can't make it look cool at all. I need someone to make the game look legit.

There are quite a few goals for this project:

1. Learn how to program using Swift. I tried to get into xCode and C++ (I think it was C++) a long time ago and make a simple app, but C++ wasn't a very beginner friendly language and I kinda got crushed.

2. Possible money making opportunity. I will be releasing the game for free, but hopefully I can put some ads in the app so it can generate income. If the game makes money, I will give a percentage to whoever helps me. I promise I am fair.

3. This probably doesn't apply to everyone, but being able to say I have worked on and released an iPhone app is a great thing to put on a resume.

If anyone can help me that would be awesome! Like I said I need an artist. Swift can be used to make both 3D and 2D games using Metal, so if you can 3D model we can make a 3D sidescroller (I would prefer 2D). I just want to make an app. I have wanted to for so long, and this has been the only thing stopping me. I'm a terrible artist.

Message me if you are interested and we can discuss details!

~ Luzz

P.S. This probably wasn't the place to put this... if it isn't I'm sorry.

None.

Sep 19 2014, 2:45 am rayNimagi Post #2

Go ahead and get started using placeholder art, and replace your art with the real stuff later. Have you programmed anything before?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Sep 19 2014, 3:54 am luzz Post #3

I have made quite a few things in java using netbeans (My favorite language by far), I have made a simple game in Unity3d using C#, and I did some stuff with javascript and HTML through audacity.

And like I said I have a little bit of experience with xCode... but seriously not much. Which is why I want to do this, I want the experience and I really want to get into game design.

None.

Options
  Back to forum