Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: SENv6 Feature Requests and Bug Reports
SENv6 Feature Requests and Bug Reports
Aug 29 2014, 12:02 am
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 >

Jul 30 2015, 8:09 pm jjf28 Post #281

Cartography Artisan

SEN's unicode parser is a little inconsistent (particularly with name suffixes ;) )

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jul 30 2015, 9:00 pm Devourer Post #282

Hello

Looks cool af.
I need to redo SEN though.
So little time.

EDIT: Yup, I need want to redo SEN.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 30 2015, 9:14 pm by Devourer.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Sep 16 2015, 1:18 pm Ahli Post #283

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I cannot write portal news. When I want to post it, it won't be added.

Oct 2 2015, 8:42 pm Roy Post #284

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Bug report: uploading files to the DLDB gives the following error:

Code
Error:Move failed
to: <mid>

Where <mid> is the Member ID of the uploader.

Oct 2 2015, 8:51 pm Jack Post #285

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Can someone fix SEN to not be amazingly slow, laggy shoutbox, laggy opening posts etc.? I don't know any other site like this that's not hosted on someone's potato in Slovakia. I'll do it after exams if no one else will/can.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 2 2015, 11:17 pm Devourer Post #286

Hello

- SEN is faster again, thanks to Roy.
- You can now upload files into our SC1DB again. Edit: something else is off; I'll get back to it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 2 2015, 11:45 pm by Devourer.

Oct 4 2015, 12:02 am Jack Post #287

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/ wiki is gone ggggggggg

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 21 2015, 6:59 pm Devourer Post #288

Hello

Quick adjustment: when enlarging an oversized image, it is now bound to be at most your window size in dimensions.

Jan 12 2016, 11:31 pm Devourer Post #289

Hello

Resolved critical errors upon attempting to upload files containing certain characters to our system.

Jan 20 2016, 1:49 pm Sand Wraith Post #290

she/her

It would be nice, especially for mobile devices, to change the shoutbox form so that it is not considered as saved form data. Highlighting the form for typing in Firefox on Android {and on Windows) will bring up form history for the form, which is annoying and obstructive.

Someone mentioned they like having that history as an amusement -- I agree, but I think the present state of the form has hampered usability.

Jan 20 2016, 7:57 pm ClansAreForGays Post #291

Quote from Devourer
Looks cool af.
I need to redo SEN though.
So little time.

EDIT: Yup, I need want to redo SEN.
What's something someone could learn to do to help you with coding?

Jan 20 2016, 8:51 pm Roy Post #292

Quote from ClansAreForGays
What's something someone could learn to do to help you with coding?
Right now, just PHP, HTML/CSS, and JavaScript would suffice for minor contributions. More specifically, we're looking at utilizing WebSockets, and since SEN runs on PHP, the most sensible option seems to be Ratchet. This would require a significant overhaul of our JavaScript and server responses, but it would be a major gain in terms of performance.

We also need to move the frontend to source control, though I haven't heard much on that front. Regardless, having basic knowledge of Git may be useful in the future if we ever move away from FTP hell. There is very little consideration in the works for setting up environments, so if you have any build engineering or continuous integration experience, that would be welcomed.

Another point that isn't oft discussed behind the scenes is the database. As you may know from the many errors from days past, we use MySql, and more than likely in an ineffective manner. I suspect we're lacking or misusing indexes in many areas (we didn't even utilize any full text searching until recently), but I personally don't have access to the database end (nor do I particularly want it, to be honest). Our data access layer is non-existent, and while we sanitize our queries I don't recall if we're actually using prepared statements. Making CRUD sprocs would probably give us a performance gain, even if it's the wrong way to solve the problem.

More ambitiously, if we can get Node on the server and utilize some useful packages like Gulp and Bower, it would really help manage easily automated tasks like minifying files (which we currently manage manually). Then we could even use a CSS language like Sass.

Our JavaScript would be a lot cleaner if we used a proper SPA framework like AngularJS, so if you want to learn that, feel free. However that's more of a Pipedream than something you should anticipate.

An issue we had after v6 launched was too many cooks (people overwriting each other's changes), so I can imagine Devourer being hesitant on pulling in more developers, at least before source control is in place. But if you're interested in contributing Someday(TM), those would be the areas to hit.

TL;DR: PHP, MySql, JavaScript, Ratchet, Git, JSON.

Jan 20 2016, 9:14 pm Corbo Post #293

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Roy
(...)just PHP, HTML/CSS, and JavaScript would suffice for minor contributions.

I know those. Can I help? :P

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 8 2016, 2:38 am by Roy.

fuck you all

Jan 24 2016, 5:52 pm Roy Post #294

Quote from Sand Wraith
It would be nice, especially for mobile devices, to change the shoutbox form so that it is not considered as saved form data. Highlighting the form for typing in Firefox on Android {and on Windows) will bring up form history for the form, which is annoying and obstructive.
Fixed. Also fixed an issue where some browsers weren't doing spellcheck on the textbox.

Jan 25 2016, 11:13 pm Dem0n Post #295

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Roy
Quote from Sand Wraith
Fixed. Also fixed an issue where some browsers weren't doing spellcheck on the textbox.
Not sure if this affected anything, but autocorrect no longer works for me in the shoutbox. There aren't even any suggested words that appear above my keyboard. I'm on Android using Chrome.

Jan 26 2016, 5:51 am Roy Post #296

Quote from Dem0n
Not sure if this affected anything, but autocorrect no longer works for me in the shoutbox. There aren't even any suggested words that appear above my keyboard. I'm on Android using Chrome.
It did indeed: desktop and mobile browsers use the HTML 5 attribute "autocomplete" for different things, it appears. Applying it directly to the field caused Android to disable its word suggestions and autocomplete, but it seems to work if the attribute is applied to the entire form.

Tested on Firefox and mobile Chrome. Let me know if there are any more issues.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 26 2016, 6:32 am by Roy.

Feb 6 2016, 10:01 pm Roy Post #297

I've been going through the bug list doing some housecleaning and trying to knock out some of the low-hanging fruit.

Unable to reproduce:
  • Errors when updating a DLDB submission to a new file. - May have been fixed by Devourer's recent tweaks
  • The login redirect is redirecting to the login page instead of the previous page. - Devourer put a fix for this a while ago
  • Heavily-nested BBCode links don't parse correctly (e.g., link inside quote inside collapse box) - May have been fixed by some BBCode changes I made
  • New topics on #unread will go to the last post, rather than the first post. - Seems to work fine, though no code was recently changed
  • Notifications are getting escaped twice (e.g., visible slashes in front of apostrophes). - Working as of testing today

Let me know if any of these issues are still persisting.

Fixed:
  • Smiley title texts are getting escaped (e.g., visible slashes). - Found and fixed the issue
  • Sizing issue with some avatars in the notification area. - APNG issue on Chrome, CSS workaround implemented
  • Char Limit Exceeding is ignored when posting a post / pm etc. - Added checking for it. Discovered a related bug regarding errors not redirecting properly
  • Sending/Receiving PMs to multiple recipients doesn't properly display in the UI. - Added this functionality

Let me know if you spot any regression caused by these changes.

Features from v5 implemented since last update:
  • Ability to send minerals to another member. - Can do
  • Allow members to select a custom post color that automatically appears in the colors dropdown. - Should be there if you set it in your settings
  • Allow choice of ranks, rather than have them skin dependent. - Ranks and skins can be selected separately
  • The "Contact" button on a post should link to some form of contacting the member. - Goes to the PM page with the user auto-filled in

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 7 2016, 4:10 am by Roy.

Mar 30 2016, 2:37 pm Alzarath Post #298

Praetor

Any chance Youtube embedding could be switched to HTML5 instead of Flash?

Mar 30 2016, 9:57 pm Devourer Post #299

Hello

Updated recovery-scripts.

Mar 30 2016, 10:04 pm Devourer Post #300

Hello

Quote from Alzarath
Any chance Youtube embedding could be switched to HTML5 instead of Flash?
I'll eventually run a script to adjust the old posts.
Done

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 31 2016, 5:24 am by Devourer.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 >
  Back to forum