Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Simulate "Tileset-Index"
Simulate "Tileset-Index"
Jun 6 2014, 11:25 am
By: Devourer  

Jun 6 2014, 11:25 am Devourer Post #1

Hello

If I were to create a room-like map (see The Puzzling and Dungeon Escape), it would be of good use to be able to do something similar to the tilesetindex to the terrain.

Now, in SC2, I am afraid there is no easy option to do this, or am I mistaken?
Like: is it possible to either reduce the 'cliff-size' or to have like squares to have a different texture?
For the latter, I could use like "Movement-Blocker" to prevent from walking over it (there probably is some way to block sight as well).
I just need like a way to have the terrain look equal/similar to the tileset-index-terrain of SC1.

I do not want to use one unit for each tile (make a unit model looking like a wall tile)

Any ideas? Concept maps? Help?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 6 2014, 11:39 am by Devourer.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 6 2014, 11:45 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Cliff modifications:
- no, except for using up to 4 cliff types in a map

different texture:
- you can change textures of a decal actor and place it (you might run into problems with lowest graphic settings not rendering those)

blocking sight:
- footprints can block vision (and also block pathing). Minimal area for vision blocking: 1x1 terrain cells
(footprints have three layers: collision, check and apply. The apply one is required. There are 4 sets all with a different color that you can draw on the footprint, so first define a set, second select it, third draw on your footprint)
- a little extra, if you have walkable vision blockers, use the shrub footprint flag to allow vision through all connected vision blockers (as the brushes in MOBAs)

Other terrain modifications:
-terrain deformer actors can alter the visual height of terrain (e.g. I use them to create the lava rivers in the caves in my diablo map)
- you can change water states

Jun 6 2014, 11:56 am Devourer Post #3

Hello

So there is no way of reducing the cliff-size, as in make them smaller in width?
I'd like to be able to create like a 1x1 cliff which would be as wide as a goliath for example.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 6 2014, 12:03 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Devourer
So there is no way of reducing the cliff-size, as in make them smaller in width?
I'd like to be able to create like a 1x1 cliff which would be as wide as a goliath for example.
no.

Options
  Back to forum