Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Can someone do me a sprite thingy?
Can someone do me a sprite thingy?
May 22 2014, 3:33 am
By: Arkane  

May 22 2014, 3:33 am Arkane Post #1

Poopies. Just Poopies.

:cecil:

Hello. Was wondering if anyone can modify me some protoss sprites?

Basically just changing the protoss zealot and dragoon's yellowish gold color to a metallic grey to make them look more terran ish? I'm looking to make the protoss into a terran faction.

Sort of wish that the SCBW Modding Community was still active. </3

May 22 2014, 4:09 am Sand Wraith Post #2

she/her

Not sure about a Zealot, but I know that there exists a grey Dragoon. Polaris and I developed the mod, http://www.staredit.net/topic/15308/ , and one of the units was such a Dragoon. You can download and open up the *.exe with an *.mpq viewer and extract the dragoon graphic (you'll have to look around to see if you have the correct graphic).

Check the DLDB for a set of graphics called "Dark Protoss" -- there might be a Zealot there.

I cannot help in creating such a graphic, sorry. Check http://sfsrealm.hopto.org/ and look at http://sfsrealm.hopto.org/dwnload.html#SFGrpConv to see if that can help. I believe SF's GRP converter can create atlas versions of graphics (a single *.bmp containing all frames of a unit) that can make such a re-colouring easier, possibly.

(One idea using Photoshop or a tool with the features mentioned: pixel-by-pixel, manually, replace all undesireable colours by other colours with no contiguous filling/paint bucket, difference threshold of 0.

Sorry, this is the best I have.)

May 22 2014, 4:59 am Arkane Post #3

Poopies. Just Poopies.

Iz okay! Though, would you mind if I use some of the sprites from Polaris? They look pretty badass!

Also, is there a tutorial about changing sprites? I know there's something more to do than just overwriting the existing default ones. I want to know how. D:

Sort of wish that the SCBW Modding Community was still active. </3

May 22 2014, 4:59 pm Pandut Post #4

I'm just a fish

While I was rooting through the Maplantis DB I stumbled upon the "Terminator" which is basically a Dragoon spliced with Terran sprites. Here's an upload. I don't recall who originally made it, however.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2014, 5:06 pm by Pandut.

None.

May 22 2014, 5:48 pm Sand Wraith Post #5

she/her

Quote from Arkane
Iz okay! Though, would you mind if I use some of the sprites from Polaris? They look pretty badass!

Also, is there a tutorial about changing sprites? I know there's something more to do than just overwriting the existing default ones. I want to know how. D:

I do not think Polaris will mind at all.

You will, depending on the replaced units and your requirements, need to change the corresponding scripts of the affected units. Changes you may need to make can range from scripting, sprites, flingies, and images.

Options
  Back to forum