Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Mind Controlling Buildings and stuff.
Mind Controlling Buildings and stuff.
Apr 22 2014, 8:02 am
By: Arkane  

Apr 22 2014, 8:02 am Arkane Post #1

Poopies. Just Poopies.

:jaff:

i'm trying to create a hacker esque unit that's able to mind control buildings only. is there a way for me to do that using datedit and firegraft? I hope it doesnt have to involve scripting and such since I'm a noob at it. ;~;

Also, I have this iscript problem. I'm trying to add sound to a custom attack. Specifically the EMP missile attack. I'm already using a custom iscript and it seems that IceCC wont compile it for some reason. Whenever I do try to compile it, it gives me an error message with nothing written on it and then crashes. What do?

Sort of wish that the SCBW Modding Community was still active. </3

Apr 22 2014, 8:26 am Devourer Post #2

Hello

I am not a modder at all, but you can make spells having effects on specific unit types only, just like the Dark Archon's Maelstorm can only hit biological units (if I remember correctly).
You could studiy that spell and might learn from it. It does not need advanced scripting I guess (I had my hands on modding back then, for a period of months).

I can not help you in any way regarding your second problem, though.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Apr 22 2014, 5:45 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

I think mind control might be hardcoded ... It's target flags say air, ground, and terrain (non-building unchecked). The only other reqs for mind control I see is basically "casting unit is dark archon".

What is the iscript you are trying to compile? Can you paste/upload the txt file?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 22 2014, 10:07 pm Sand Wraith Post #4

she/her

I feel that you will almost certainly need a plugin to do this.

The most basic plugin solution would be to detect when an arbitrary unit (call it U) has the hacker-unit's unit ID and is ordered to cast Mind Control (this is some order ID). When detected, order unit U to Stop, and maybe also clear its targetUnit ID or something.

^ Even then, I remember experimenting with such a solution when working on a project and there was a problem. For whatever reason, Mind Control has no timed animation associated with it and will cast as soon as your unit U is in range, rendering the solution impotent. Hopefully, I am recalling this detail incorrectly.

You may need to program your own Mind Control (though this may be fairly simple since you intend only on controlling buildings -- IIRC, there is a thread in this forum dealing with swapping control of units between players and there are many details to be hammered out).

The short answer: there is no DatEdit + Firegraft solution. Use something else.

Apr 27 2014, 2:32 am Arkane Post #5

Poopies. Just Poopies.

Oh well. I'll just have to trigger it instead.

As for the iscript deal, here's the custom iscript. Its from the gundam century mod.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ekvn9fdlkch6eew

As for the .txt file, I'm not even sure if I got the correct one. I basically want the EMP Shockwave and the scarab attack to have a sound when fired.

Sort of wish that the SCBW Modding Community was still active. </3

Apr 27 2014, 2:52 am Sand Wraith Post #6

she/her

Quote from Arkane
Oh well. I'll just have to trigger it instead.

As for the iscript deal, here's the custom iscript. Its from the gundam century mod.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ekvn9fdlkch6eew

As for the .txt file, I'm not even sure if I got the correct one. I basically want the EMP Shockwave and the scarab attack to have a sound when fired.

Sorry, but I am not going to deal with an iscript.bin and decompile and recompile to test it out, and due to my current circumstances, I can't help unless you post your plaintext code directly into the thread (remember to use code tags.)

IceCC should have come with a scripting reference file that includes all of the opcodes that are valid, especially if you got IceCC from ShadowFlare's site here.

Use the playsound (or similar) opcode in the correct images. Refer to the EMP Shockwave and Scarab scripts and image.dat to check the relevant scripts you must modify.

Apr 28 2014, 6:09 am trgk Post #7

Maybe Dark swam cast + Image change + Unit coordinate detection (EUD actions) + Energy detection (EUD conditions) + Give unit?

Too hard to implement. Possible, but too complex.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2014, 6:23 am by trgk.

EUD

Options
  Back to forum