Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Robert's Rebellion
Robert's Rebellion
Apr 15 2014, 10:00 am
By: sigsaucy  

Apr 15 2014, 10:00 am sigsaucy Post #1

Robert's Rebellion

Background:
When Rhaegar Targaryen kidnapped Lyanna Stark, who was betrothed to Robert Baratheon. Her brother, Brandon Stark rode to the city of King's Landing, outside the Red Keep he shouted for Prince Rhaegar to come out and die. King Aerys II, who had become increasingly paranoid, arrested him and his companions ordered Lord Rickard Stark, Brandon's father, to come south to answer the charges against his son. When he did King Aerys II had him roasted in his armor, as his son Brandon was put in a strangulation device and was forced to watch, strangling himself in the process of trying to save his father. Soon after, the Mad King demanded the heads of Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark from their guardian, Jon Arryn, Lord of the Eyrie. Rather than comply, Lord Arryn raised his banners in revolt against these unjust acts.

Join the rebellion against the Mad King or fulfill your leal duty to your King as a Loyalist.

Map Specs:
  • Players: 6
  • Tileset: Jungle
  • Genre: 3v3
  • Map Dimensions: 256x256

Map Features:
  • Play as one of the Loyalist Houses: Martell, Targaryen, Tyrell or one of the Rebel Houses: Baratheon, Tully, Arryn
  • Spawn based army creation.
  • Towns provide income.
  • Purchase ships, sellswords, and more.
  • Battle system: There is no "pull your spawned men back and horde them" in this map. Battles are given as timed objectives, failure to fulfill these objectives results in a boon to your enemy.
  • Hero morale system: Heroes set Zealot shields to full every few seconds.
  • Battle of the Trident determines who gains the support of House Greyjoy and Lannister later in the game.

Current Map State:
Map is based on the same system as War of the 5 Kings by RabidXDog. My hope is that it deals with the issues of constant backstabbing and impossible to defeat navies that occurred in Wot5K.

Fully playable, have managed to get full houses on bnet useast most of the time, check channel pub for players.

Current concerns for the map are balance. I will post screenshots soon.

Attachments:
Roberts Rebellion 1.4.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 339.61kb

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jul 31 2017, 4:41 am by sigsaucy.

Apr 15 2014, 12:49 pm Oh_Man Post #2

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Wow cool - first game of thrones map I've seen!

The books have been out for ages - I wonder if anyone made a GoT map back in the day?

Apr 16 2014, 7:25 am Stranger Post #3

Oh.

I saw a Game of Thrones map on SC2 some time ago which didn't look bad either.

I will check out this one as soon as I can :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum