Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Chronicles of Teana: Need Story Suggestions
Chronicles of Teana: Need Story Suggestions
Mar 31 2014, 12:26 pm
By: Arkane  

Mar 31 2014, 12:26 pm Arkane Post #1

Poopies. Just Poopies.

Hello. Chronicles of Teana is one big project that I've always wanted to do. Its a story about this Terran Girl turned Protoss Warrior. Her homeplanet got the Mar Sara treatment when the Zerg came and.. well, you know what happens. The story heavily relies on non canonical stuff like using infested protoss, a terran with a surgically attached nerve appendage, a Protoss settlement in a terraformed asteroid planet that is suitable for terran life, etc. But yeah. Imma summarize everything in either small paragraphs or bullet form.

MISSION 1: Falling Stars

The story jumps straight into the thick of the Zerg Attack on the Terran Planet. We see two characters, the parents of teana, and an incubation drone carrying their child, following the duo. They were supposed to be with an evacuation team but were ambushed and they got cut off. Luckily, the duo were retired high ranking military officials and know a thing or two about combating the Zerg. So now they have to reach the evac outpost while encountering survivors both civies and military personnel.

Once they reached the outpost, they discovered that its defenses were being thinned out. So the two decided to help out, assuming command of a small squad. This part's basically survive until the dropships arrive with constant barrage from the Zerg in all directions.

Unfortunately, the dropships that were sent to evac got destroyed by Zerg anti air, leaving them like sitting ducks with no savior. The commanding officer of the outpost, knowing full well that they wont be able to hold the Zerg off, ordered the two to gather the civilians and make their way to the other outpost. This part's a race to the finish before the Zerg reach you. You are given an unknown amount of time before they actually start pursuing you. It depends on how long the Terran AI at the outpost fends them off.

They were able to evacuate at the second outpost. But as they were heading off world, they got chased by tons of Zerg Flyers. The dropship that the two were in got beat up so bad that it crashed back into the planet with the two and the drone being the only survivors. they were able to find an unmanned bunker with an underground habitation. The Zerg were all over them at this point. The husband decided to stay outside to give the wife time to find a safe place in the habitation.

The wife was able to find a panic room. She began closing the door with her and the drone inside. Just as the door made its slow closing, the shrieks of the zerg could be heard in the hallway. To make things worse, the door got jammed. Now she has to manually close the door from the outside. It took some Zerg killing and manual overriding to close the door.But in doing so, she sealed her doom for her infant's safety.

MISSION 2: Daughter of Martyrs

This one's basically a protoss mission. A week has passed since the attack. The drone was sustaining the infant's life, providing her sustenance and a good hospitable environment. This was when the protoss arrived. They sent down multiple squads to investigate the surface and locate any uninfested Terran survivors. Two protoss warriors by the name of Narian, a female High Templar, and Tharos, Narian's appointed guardian and her secret lover aswell, were assigned in the city where Teana's parents made their final stand. The mission starts with them scouring the city finding absolutely no survivors. It is a timed mission where you have an considerable amount of time on finding the bunker before the mission fails.

Upon finding the infant, they were startled to see that she was pure from any Zerg Contact. Tharos, having a strange sense of pity, suggested to end her life in the least painful way. However, Narian suggested that they take her with them. And so they did.

INTERLUDE 1: Alien among aliens.

Upon returning to their asteroid world after the purification of the Terran Planet, Narian presented the sole survivor of the planet to their leader, Oanis. Oanis was sympathetic to the predicament of the child and appointed Narian and Tharos to raise her instead of handing her over to the Terrans. The asteroid world was terraformed by the inhabiting protoss to suit terran life. They even constructed their own star and moon. Lorewise, they did this out of hospitality. Wanting non dominion terrans to stay within their home for refuge and safety.

This mission basically details Teana's foster parents struggling on how to raise and comfort the child. For example, Teana is crying while in the arms of Tharos. Tharos, confused, decided to ask Narian for help. Teana immediately stops crying while in the arms of Narian. Tharos was dismayed but eventually managed to be in Teana's likings. Tharos was also responsible for feeding Teana, gathering various fruits and milking bengalaas to feed teana. At a young age, she met Godon, a dragoon. She gets much entertainment from Godon because Godon lets Teana ride her, he tells stories about how he fought for Auir, etc. This goes on up to her training with her foster dad, studying with her foster mom, interacting with visiting terrans, etc. This map ends with what I hope would be a comical one. But i havent thought of anything yet.

MISSION 3: Baptism of Frost and Blade

This is an RPGesque mission. You can only control Teana throughout the mission. Its basically a bunch of boss battles in one map with a shop for abilities, health, etc, in between. At the end, she faces the protoss folks that were close to her: Godon, Tharos, and Narian. With Narian being the most hardest.

Knowing well that Teana was turning up to be a fine scholar and warrior, her foster parents asked Oanis if she could undergo the gauntlet, the RPGesque thingy. Oanis, still sympathetic for Teana, was reluctant. He was like her grampa who would pamper and spoil her. However, Teana boldly steps up and asked him personally; of which Oanis agrees with a broken heart, warning her that if she enters the gauntlet, she can never leave until she is finished with it.

And so they went to the northern regions. Long story short: She succeeds. This is the part where she actually got the name "Teana." Its a peudokhalani word which means "She who belongs." This was also the part where she got her surgically attached nerve appendage. The nerve appendages was gathered from warriors that were willing to cut a single strand for her. Her parents gave two each, Godon gave his longest one, Oanis gave one aswell. A couple of her protoss friends gave one too. They built her a new power armor, one with a thicker shield and a sharper blade since her old one got pretty banged up during the gauntlet.

Ofcourse, there were those who disliked having a lesser race join their ranks. One of which was a Zealot named Ayara. She would later form a bond with her that would make them like sisters.

~~~~

I'll post the other parts when I get the time. The following ones are basically history repeating itself. Then there's her abduction by a dominion expeditionary fleet, being experimented at and her escape from said experimentations, joining a anti dominion rebel group in the terran world she was taken to, journeying back home, and lots more adventures.

But so far, what do you think? Any suggestions?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 31 2014, 12:37 pm by Arkane.

Sort of wish that the SCBW Modding Community was still active. </3

Options
  Back to forum