Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Discussion & Strategy > Topic: Best ling rush counter?
Best ling rush counter?
Jan 6 2008, 9:42 pm
By: frazz
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 10 2008, 4:16 pm frazz Post #21

What's worse? Two wasted miners or one wasted depot?

None.

Jan 10 2008, 10:17 pm Falkoner Post #22

Depends on where you are in the game :P

None.

Jan 10 2008, 10:27 pm who Post #23

blocking your ramp is stupid because you can't fe...
it also gives you a tendency to turtle.

None.

Jan 11 2008, 12:57 am frazz Post #24

I don't know what fe means, but you can move the barracks once you're ready to expand. It's only a very early game strategy.

Also, wasting SCVs is worse. If you use two at a ramp, seven harvests for each is the mineral equivalent of a depot.

None.

Jan 11 2008, 1:00 am BeDazed Post #25

We use SCVs because SCV is a non combatant unit. Zerglings tend to not attack SCVs while marines are behind it. You mostlikely wont lose a SCV. And you'll mostlikely survive. It's a common method used by pros and semi pros alike to block cheese. If your opponent is noob enough to rush lings too fast such as 5 pool, you will be able to kill it off just with a few scvs.

None.

Jan 11 2008, 4:17 pm frazz Post #26

Melee units also tend not to attack buildings in the presence of marines. Even if the enemy focus fires, the marines will eat them up.

None.

Jan 12 2008, 1:08 am BeDazed Post #27

Why do you insist a better strategy to a inferior one? It's been countlessly proven in many many games. Lings can get through buildings. And if those zergs do 5 pool, it tends to be able to come at a time when your barracks is not done yet. Workers can only advantageously attack at a good distance with minerals because they stack when they mine. You're going to get everything killed and lose with that strategy. A close build formation and small efforts are better with zergling rushes.
Maybe we can meet up and practice some real melee.

None.

Jan 12 2008, 6:17 am frazz Post #28

All your previous comments seemed to assume that marines were already available. If you're worried about not having marines, then obviously that would be a pointless strategy.

So then, what exactly do I do? Build tight formation? Send guards to the entrance?

None.

Jan 12 2008, 7:49 am Ultraviolet Post #29

Quote from frazz
All your previous comments seemed to assume that marines were already available. If you're worried about not having marines, then obviously that would be a pointless strategy.

So then, what exactly do I do? Build tight formation? Send guards to the entrance?

I think he's saying for like a 9 pool you do the marine blocking entrance strat, while for a 4-5 pool you're going to have to use workers to fend off the lings.

Jan 12 2008, 5:18 pm frazz Post #30

That makes very much sense.

None.

Jan 13 2008, 3:27 am BeDazed Post #31

If the opponent 9 pools, you wouldn't even have to block your entrance. You would have 4 marines by the time he comes, ( If you do it right ), and have 5th rine almost complete.

4-5 rines beat zerglings fairly easily.

None.

Jan 13 2008, 6:34 pm yenku Post #32

FE=Fast Expo

None.

Jan 14 2008, 10:40 pm Chef Post #33

Send an SCV to scout. If you see lings coming and you don't have enough marines to defend it, send SCVs to form a wall infront of the marines, preferably at a choke point, but if you have good micro you'll still be okay even if you don't have a choke. If you think it's necessary, start a bunker ASAP near your mineral line when you see the lings, and you'll be okay.

Chances are you're just really horrible (the term is relative, don't worry; I'm sure you're pro compared to some people) at SC, and he didn't even ling rush you. It was probably like 12 hatch 11 pool. I had friends who only played on fastest, so whenever I'd play with them in a team game vs random pubbies on B.net, I'd usually do a hatch then pool build and be accused of hacking every time (or being a no-skill rusher), even though the lings are frankly much slower than they could have been.

None.

Jan 15 2008, 6:37 am KrayZee Post #34

In StarCraft II, set those SCVs by the bunkers with right clicking repair, which would auto-repair.

None.

Jan 15 2008, 6:51 am BeDazed Post #35

I am going to assume there will be more strategies for Terrans to go against Zerg. I would have preferred Science Vessels though.

None.

Jan 15 2008, 11:01 pm who Post #36

http://www.staredit.net/?p=tutorials&tut=11

None.

Jan 16 2008, 12:42 am BeDazed Post #37

I've read this. :P It's a good one by DaZe (not me) o.o;; my favorite semi-pro :P
But this tutorial assumes you have a decent micro and an already strong macro.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2008, 12:49 am by BeDazed.

None.

Jan 17 2008, 10:48 pm frazz Post #38

Chances are you're just really horrible (the term is relative, don't worry; I'm sure you're pro compared to some people) at SC, and he didn't even ling rush you. It was probably like 12 hatch 11 pool. I had friends who only played on fastest, so whenever I'd play with them in a team game vs random pubbies on B.net, I'd usually do a hatch then pool build and be accused of hacking every time (or being a no-skill rusher), even though the lings are frankly much slower than they could have been.
I am not a fastest noob, you are far too presumptuous.

None.

Jan 17 2008, 10:57 pm who Post #39

you don't have to play fastest to be bad at melee
(not saying that i'm good; i actually suck)

None.

Jan 18 2008, 12:01 am BeDazed Post #40

But getting killed by zergling rushes... is really horrible- and we can only assume you are a noob.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum