Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Mini-Game Party
Mini-Game Party
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 2 2007, 7:11 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 2 3 419 >

Sep 9 2007, 4:56 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #21

Wow 64 minigames!? thats alot... Anyways, so I guess you win points and whoever gets the most points at the end wins???

None.

Sep 10 2007, 6:15 am MillenniumArmy Post #22

3 more complete:

#30 Musical Chairs
This is exactly like one of my previous maps; everyone will be moving around in a circle with music (drum beat) playing in the background. The music will stop arbitrarily and as soon as it stops, kill a "chair" (zergling) as fast as you can. If you are the last one standing who hasn't killed a zergling, you will be eliminated. Last remaining person wins.

#31 Kill that Building
Very very simple game. There is a command center in the middle of the arena. Your objective is to just simply be the one that kills it. You will constantly be spawning zerglings so you can college a huge mass of them and send them charging at the command center. However, to ensure that you will be the one that kills the command center, you can attack other player's zerglings and have mostly just your zerglings attacking the command center.

#32 Ticking Bomb
This is a little like Phantom except not really. One of you is the "bomb" and you will blow up within 30 seconds (there will be a countdown shown). If you are the randomly selected "bomb", you must blow someone up or else you will be the one that dies (thus eliminating you from the mini-game). If you are NOT the "bomb", then you just have to be on the look out; make sure noone gets near you and do not trust anyone. Last man standing wins.

There's 32 mini-games complete right there. Now I sacrificed alot of my studying and school work completing these last few mini-games, so I probably will not be testing (or releasing a second demo) these mini-games right away and need to catch up a little with my college.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 6:32 am UnholyUrine Post #23

Wow .. 64 mini-games in 1? That is a lot.. and just coming up with the ideas is hard enough

MA.. I've always admired your maps because they're always simple and yet so fun...
If you really need testing, please ask me =O (but u probably won't since u don't know much about me X( )

Anyways.. Hopefully the map comes out before SC II ..
but heck i'd get out of SC II to just play your game.

Good luck =O
~Unholy

None.

Sep 18 2007, 3:37 pm MillenniumArmy Post #24

Ok im gonna need some people to test some mini-games of mine, so here's the deal:

This wednesday (9/19/07) at 10PM Eastern time, i will be in channel op millenniumarmy in USeast gateway. First five people to join my game will be my testers (note: this doesn't mean first 5 ppl in channel, it means first 5 ppl to join my game; advantage of being in channel is so that you know the exact moment that I will be hosting my game). If nobody shows, then I might just either ask a couple of my friends or host a test run on battle.net

None.

Sep 22 2007, 5:46 am MillenniumArmy Post #25

Alright, I'm gonna release a second demo: http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?map=1123

BEWARE though: it might contain glitches and/or flaws, particularly the last 16 games. If there are any glitches, feel free to let me know, but I probably do not plan on releasing another ver.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:09 am Dr. Brown Post #26

Are they always in the same order or are they randomized?

None.

Sep 23 2007, 2:52 am MillenniumArmy Post #27

randomized, always. There's 32 mini-games, but in one game, you can at most play 31 because to win you need 6. If all 6 players get 5, whoever wins the next game wins.

I was playing this last night, and once we played like a total of 23 minigames and it took like 40 minutes.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:24 pm UnholyUrine Post #28

Hey MilleniumArmy.. I donno if you already have ideas for your last 32 games .. (lol .. 32 more!! )
but I have 1 or two ideas... i'll just type them out here

1. Lure ball - Using your medium/small circular arena ..
each player starts with a 5-6 hp Hydra (w/ speed upgr n burrow..) .. .and a computer Mutalisk in the middle
The objective is to attack the Mutalisk.. Lure it .. and make it Touch the other players..
So if you touch the Mutalisk.. you'll die. (kind of like your Bumper balls) But the mutalisk attacks you.. instead of moving away.
However.. mutalisk will do 2 dmg... so that you can't lure forever.. and that's what Burrow is for.. you'll have to burrow to rest and regain your hp before you lure again. .. and Obviously.. if you're burrowed.. you're in danger of being killed by the moving mutalisk.
of course.. you can make another mutalisk later on.

2. Smth ball.. lol.. - Using your medium/small circular arena again
Each player has a corsair .. and computer will continue to spawn Scourge.. (p7 will)
There will also be an aim that goes around clockwise like in your game "Cannon"
what happens is that the p7 scourges will come out from the center (and junk yard dogged) ..
whenever your Corsair Touches it.. the scourge will move towards the scout (the aim).
However.. you have to Disruption web the scourge(s).. Which will change the p7 Scourges to a NEUTRAL player's scourges (This is because, the scourges have to keep moving after they're changed. If it is given to another computer player.. it'll actually stop moving) ...
If you touch the neutral player's scourges.. your corsair dies.
p7 scourges will bounce back to middle from the outside ring.. neutral scourges should die when it hits the outside ring. .. so you can keep spawning scourges =D

.. okay that's just sm ideas =O ... and now here're sm bugs that i found from the Demo version you posted.

1. The ultralisk dropping game.. it says "You did not drop the "CIV" at the right spot" when you don't drop the ultra at the right spot.
2. Dark archon madness - I think dark archons spawn way too quickly. It is nearly impossible to get a real hang of it.. because you can just keep tryuing to get the queen... and Inevitably you should win... because it's impossible to kill all the dark archons so fast to save your queen.

=D btw.. fun game.. missing music but still hella fun..
Hope you finish soon
~Unholy

EDIT: Missing music as in missing those click and beep noises when you talk and stuff =O .. not a overall looping music.. that's unecessary ^^ ...
p.s. from ur first post.. u already have all the ideas don't you? :(
EDIT 2: just made smth more clear..

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 23 2007, 4:43 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 6:53 pm MillenniumArmy Post #29

I like those two ideas alot; I think I'll use them. Thanks!

Yea, although I have all 64 planned out, the list of games do change periodically, especially if I have a better idea and/or I realize that one of the ideas aren't that great. So I am always open to more mini-game ideas; I do give credit to those ideas that others have suggested for me. (except for that zergling swarm and king of the hill one >.<)

None.

Sep 23 2007, 8:06 pm TricksOfDeath Post #30

Ohh I got an idea(s).

A square region with "checkerd board" look to it in which players will get a (Zergling, Probe/Scv?) and have to do as they are told such as simon says. For example.

Simon Says: Get to the very top right
*units run there, first one there recives 2 points, all other that get there recive 1, if they do not reach it they lose a point*
Zimon [Evil Simon] Says: Get to the very bottem left
*units run there, first on gets minus 2 points, all others that get there get minus 1 point, if they dont they gain a point*

Whoever gets 20 Points wins, if players get -10 Points they lose, if players are tied at the very end have them kill a unit and the one that does wins.

Kill the Burrower
An six star shape in which players have a zergling with speed up and have to kill a hydralisk in the middle, which will burrow if they get within 2 squares, but if the zergling gets to close they will be moved back into their corner

Very Small Miniarea, Square, with doodades and terrain elevation.
Are You The Lamer?
Have messages sent to diffrent players encouraging them to kill a player of a certian color and only once they kill that color do they win, basicly are you the thing? except no one is but everyone thinks they are. Have a 3 miniute timmer and have all marines blinded by medics, and LoS imparing vision.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 10:38 pm MillenniumArmy Post #31

For the first and third ones, i already have ideas similar to those.

For ur second one, I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying...

None.

Sep 24 2007, 12:29 am JordanN Post #32

Ah your last map. But you were like the only person who made maps fun. Ah well good luck.

None.

Oct 2 2007, 12:09 am UnholyUrine Post #33

Hey MA .. i got another idea.. donno if you're done with map already tho XD

- Disastrous Control ...
Using medium/large arena ...
A lot of Infested Terrans will spawn .. but all of them EXCEPT ONE will be hallucinations...
You will have one Dark Archon that can mind control all these infested terrans...
You have to Find the Real one ..

Once you find the Real one... u use the infested terran to kill the other Dark Archons (Using location rather than the Infested Terran's attack.. .. this way .. no one can MC each other .. and It'll be way more fun with big explosions XD.. i'd say about 4-6 tiles by 4-6 tiles)
Meaning u have the infested terran.. and once you use "attack" and it explodes .. the location centered on it will have the explosions

Of course.. other ppl can just Mind control the infested terran you have and try to blow you up :P

There can only be one infested terran tho =/ Since the location thing dictates that you can only have one.. But once the one Infested terran is used up.. another one will be made ^^.. ..
Fight till death =D

please tell me if u like it or not XD
~Unholy

None.

Oct 2 2007, 4:41 pm MillenniumArmy Post #34

I think ur other two ideas were much better. This one seems almost parallel to that one mini-game in Mario Party 2 (starcraft one by nanaki) where you have to find the real mario, kill him, and then transform and kill the other players.

None.

Oct 3 2007, 3:26 am fritfrat Post #35

Hmm.. Code Breakers is such a better name for my minigame than the name I came up with (whatever it was). Go MA, I guess. And I do of course give you permission to completely copy it with due credit :)

Actually, I know that this may be an over the top and unrealistic suggestion, but did you ever consider actually making a Mario Party game out of this using an actual game board, turns, coins, and stars? I'd think that the actual minigames would take the longest to make... ya, it's a bad idea, I suppose, but fun to just think about, eh?

None.

Oct 3 2007, 3:44 am MillenniumArmy Post #36

I have infact thought about making an actual board game for a very long time but I decided not to. Besides I am maxed out on locations and I have to really conserve my strings for these mini-games.

None.

Oct 3 2007, 4:21 am Falkoner Post #37

LOL! An actual Mario Party map, that would be cool, although... I'd rather just go play Mario Party :P.

None.

Oct 3 2007, 5:40 am UnholyUrine Post #38

Quote from MillenniumArmy
I have infact thought about making an actual board game for a very long time but I decided not to. Besides I am maxed out on locations and I have to really conserve my strings for these mini-games.

Yeah... 64 mini-games is not smth any map can accomplish... Hope you get it done soon =D
and mine's different because you can MC the infested terran :( .. but whatever

None.

Oct 6 2007, 7:50 am payne Post #39

:payne:

Found a bug!!
It happened to us 2 times on our 5 games...
The two times, it were on the purple player while playing Hot Potatoe... purple player were stuck with the flag and there was no more countdown, so he keep the vulture until he leave.

None.

Oct 7 2007, 8:12 pm MillenniumArmy Post #40

yea i've been told about this. Thanks

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 419 >
  Back to forum