Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Anime Autumn 2013
Anime Autumn 2013
Oct 11 2013, 1:29 am
By: Zycorax  

Oct 11 2013, 1:29 am Zycorax Post #1

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

It's that time again! Looks like I forgot to make a summer thread, but there was the second part of Shingeki no Kyojin, so we didn't really need one, or something... Oh well.

This season looks good so far. No masterpiecelike titles, but still good.
Coppelion - The series I was looking most forward to this season. Watched the two first episodes and it seems a little slow. The background art is amazing and it could be the best series this season if it picks up the pace a bit.
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! - Not really a fan of wrestling, but I do like their outfit :awesome: Overall it doesn't look very good, so it will be dropped if the fan service doesn't deliver.
Golden Time - Looks like a decent romcom, but goes over two seasons, so I'm likely to lose interest halfway through.
Strike the Blood - Random find while browsing fansub websites. First episode was all right, so I'll give it a shot.
BlazBlue: Alter Memory - Just cause BlazBlue. First episode was underwhelming.
Kill la Kill - I'm not a fan of the art style. It has this general TTGL feel over it. Looks overrated, but I'll watch a couple of more episodes and see how it pans out.
Pupa - Looks interesting, but might not air until the winter season.

Oct 11 2013, 5:04 pm Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

There is also Log Horizon which looks like it could become good and Kuroko No Basket Season 2 which is already badass.

Oct 11 2013, 5:09 pm Wing Zero Post #3

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Log Horizon sounds exactly the same as SAO. It could work depending on how they spin it

Oct 11 2013, 5:11 pm Apos Post #4

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from Wing Zero
Log Horizon sounds exactly the same as SAO. It could work depending on how they spin it
I seriously hope they don't screw it up. Watched the first episode, and aside from the setting, it doesn't have anything to do with SAO.

Oct 11 2013, 10:14 pm LoveLess Post #5

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I am really into Outbreak Company and Nagi no Asukara from this season. Outbreak Company isn't as fan service as I had feared, the setting is phenomenal and it has a lot of potential. Nagi no Asukara is a slice of life with pretty typical character roles, but a good setting and I can see a lot of character development opportunities. The artwork in both is breathtaking. Hoping Strike the Blood and Log Horizon don't fall on their face. Yuushibu isn't that bad either, heavy in fan service, but the setting is appealing for a romcom. I fear Copellion may begin to drag on and milk itself in the future, hope that isn't the case, but I get that impression from it.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2013, 10:24 pm by LoveLess. Reason: MAL links

None.

Oct 12 2013, 2:21 am Wing Zero Post #6

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from LoveLess
I am really into Outbreak Company and Nagi no Asukara from this season. Outbreak Company isn't as fan service as I had feared, the setting is phenomenal and it has a lot of potential. Nagi no Asukara is a slice of life with pretty typical character roles, but a good setting and I can see a lot of character development opportunities. The artwork in both is breathtaking. Hoping Strike the Blood and Log Horizon don't fall on their face. Yuushibu isn't that bad either, heavy in fan service, but the setting is appealing for a romcom. I fear Copellion may begin to drag on and milk itself in the future, hope that isn't the case, but I get that impression from it.
Kawaii!

Oct 12 2013, 1:04 pm Sacrieur Post #7

Still Napping

I've heard a good thing or two about Kill la Kill, there's Magi s2, and a Madoka movie.

It's been so long since I've seen Nagi idk mang. Azrael's review of Log Horizon was "meh". There's a lot of talk about comparing it to SAO, but I mean really, what about .hack? I'm thinking SAO blew open the cyberpunk genre to new heights.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 12 2013, 1:17 pm by Sacrieur.

None.

Oct 12 2013, 1:27 pm Fire_Kame Post #8

wth is starcraft

OOOOH SHIT

IS DAT SOME PERSONA

Oct 12 2013, 2:36 pm Zycorax Post #9

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I tried to watch second episode of Kill la Kill last night, but I couldn't get myself to finish it. Dropped.

Oct 12 2013, 5:03 pm LoveLess Post #10

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Sacrieur
I've heard a good thing or two about Kill la Kill, there's Magi s2, and a Madoka movie.

It's been so long since I've seen Nagi idk mang. Azrael's review of Log Horizon was "meh". There's a lot of talk about comparing it to SAO, but I mean really, what about .hack? I'm thinking SAO blew open the cyberpunk genre to new heights.

Thing is, dot hack wasn't that popular and was a bit too abstract in it's story telling. People are relating SAO and Log Horizon because their similarities exceed just the setting, dot hack had a bit too complicated and convoluted setting for people to easily pick up.

None.

Options
  Back to forum